Cam Sensor --maybe ??

blksc

Hey all, i noticed that i never seen my upshift light ever come on. I also suffer from a weird off idle problem after driving the car for a varying amount of time. Any way to test the cam sensor ?

Im not getting bucking under boost but i do experience weird acceleration issues like the car will accelerate and then seem to , and then accelerate quicker at different points in the rpm band

Hard problems to put into words...

I can't think of how timing would be related to this (which is what the cam sensor is involved in).

I'd be thinking something more along an issue with the throttle position sensor or even fuel flow issues. Maybe a fuel filter or fuel pressure regulator problem.

If you can pinpoint the RPM band and associate it with a specific throttle position, that's a good sign of a faulty throttle position sensor.

HI, i've already changed the tps sensor though. i noticed today that the car does buck under boost but not violently.

How is performance at WOT? Does it pull consistantly as RPM's increase?

Is this at part throttle 1/4, 1/2, or 3/4 throttle where you feel this?

What has to be determined is if it's a fuel or ignition problem. If it's a failure of a device, or a failure of a sensor.

Variations in power when accelerating could be spark, fuel pressure, injector performance. Some of which are driven by computer control based on various inputs.

I would say part throttle is okay, at wot the car seems to give up, im not sure if thats my intake restrictions or the car loosing some type of sensor input. Im still trying to pin point the problem.. i only suspect the cam sensor to be on its way out. it very well could be ignition since my car has a slight miss every now and then and then sometimes it idles like crap!

thats wierd! i have been battleing the same kind of problem and i can't figure it out! mine starts about 5-6 psi of boost(around half-throttle) and when it bucks, it is very violent. i have tryed the cam-sensor, twice, that wasn't it. niether was the crank sensor, and i have good fuel pressure. if you ever figure it out let me know. my garage has holes in the walls where i've been beating my head!

Bucking under boost - A leak in it intake pipeing after the Supercharger.

Problem only at WOT eliminates oxygen sensor, and maf sensors. Start looking at ignition (improper spark plug gap?) or low fuel pressure at boost.

Back