3.8L Rebuild Problem

blitherskite777

Hello all.

I need some advice from some Sc pros !!!! I just got the motor just rebulid on my car. Sounds good .. YEAH .. I got it bored over and everything BUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT......

Now here is the problem, in 5th gear around 100K. You put your foot to the floor AND DEAD !!!!! Well not dead, but once as the supercharger hits 5psi it cuts out!! Its like ummm..if you car just ran out of gas and it dies. I cant explain it. If you put down the hammer in Second, it will do it to at high RPM !!

Any comments !?? Dont know what wrong and the person that did the rebuild has no idea yet !!! Just wondering what people think ?!?!?

Thanx
Jonathan

Could be a boost leak or Bad plug or wire
Just my opinion.
Does your boost gauge flicker when this happens ?

Speed limiter? How high do the rpm's get in the lower gears (1st, 2nd, 3rd) before it happens? Could be a rev limiter in those gears. Does it feel like the fuel just shuts down?

Is it just 5th gear? It kind of sounds like the vacuum line is off of your fuel pressure regulator. The car will nose over because it isn't compensating fuel pressure when boost goes up.

NEW INFO ON PROBLEM !!!

Hey guys and gals,

Well I have had the car to the moon and back and no one can get this right. Ford thought they had it, but alas FAILED!! Ok, They changed the sensor on the Crankshaft because thats what they thought it was. Now the car only does it when it is warmed up. When it is DEAD COLD, then you can lug the engine all you want and it wont "Cut off" but as soon as it warms up, the problem comes back!!!

All the people that look at it think that it is an electronic problem. maybe some wire under the manifolds or something, when getting hot, brake down. I dont know. :confused:

Once again, " cut off " umm....It would be like you have water in the distributor cap. You put your foot to the floor and it says "SWREW YOU, I DONT WANT TO DO THAT !!!"

Anyway, to get on to other problems. Now when I make right hand turns, there is a weird sound coming from the back end. I really dont know what this is. But it has only started since I put my Summer tires on. Kind of sound like one of the brake calipers is not letting go. Any suggestings !? I really hope its not the DIFF!!!:mad:

See ya on the other side !!
J

PS Its not just 5th gear, its in any gear as long as the engine is lugged. LOW rpm, 1800 or less.

Well, what about the coil? Kind guessing at things but usually it is electrical probs when it starts after the car is hot.

Back