Borla Cat-Back Sound

Skid Mark

To anyone who has the Borla cat-back system on their SC:

I've been considering purchasing the Borla setup, but I'm afraid it will be too loud. I like that fact that the stock system is very quiet, but I know it's also very restrictive. I'd do the Borla system if it's only a little louder, but not if it's a lot noisier. I've read that it mainly lowers the pitch, but how much louder is it really? I mean, like, just slightly, 25%, 50%, 100%, more? Does it drone at all on the highway? Also, did it just bolt on easily, like they claim? And do the exhaust tips exit in the same place as stock (i.e. neatly under the bumper at the corners, and with the cut parallel to the ground)?

I put a stainless system on my old 68 Cougar XR-7 years ago and those Borla turbo mufflers were VERY LOUD. I just don't want to turn my liveable, daily-driver SC into a raucus steet machine. I dig the whole "sleeper" image.

Thanks, in advance, for your advice!

"Skid" Mark
1995 SC 5-speed
Stock except for IC fan and cross-drilled rotors all around

I don't know first hand ,but from what i've read the borla is deep and guiet ,the diff. over stock at probably 25 % Do a search on borla mufflers on this site and you'll get enough posts to get an idea.
good luck
Jeff

I've used borla on my 89 and I've heard nothing but good comments about it..It sounds deep and mean..You'll love it..

Got it on my everyday SC

My 35th that I chase around all the time has a cat back system on it. When you just cruse on the freeway it starts to get to you on a long trip. When you hammer it at the light, people take note. All in all, would I do it again, yes, but I am a sucker for noise... Go for it and enjoy.....Rich

Back