Oil Drain plug

thunderbird89sc

Ok so I m Stupid and runded it off most of te way I will still be able to get it out when I change my oil again but i need to get a new one, So Where is th best place to get one? and how much,

Thanks
Matt

im about to get one, auto zone has some, NAPA, or you can go to ford itself...they are pretty easy to find....im getting one with a magnet at the plug so it collects a few metal debris from the oil....

Some time ago after fighting with a rounded drain plug for hours, I found a much simpler way. Use a large plumber's wrench! Just put it on the bolt, and wind it up real tight. You may even need some channel locks or pliers to tighten it more. Then slowly turn. No matter how rounded, if you get it right it should easily come off.

Mine took 5 minutes, after several hours of other tools including vice grips(which were useless BTW).

fram also makes a oil drain thingy that is easy to drain the oil...its like a tube with a valve or something to drain it. not sure how it works...but seems cool

OK. I know you can reach the oil drain bolt with a dremel.. You should be able to cut a notch in it and then hammer it out using a flat tip screwdriver.

Back