catco cats...anyone use them? do they blow out?

SCboost

I went to my local exhaust shop and asked about exhaust. he said that catco cats sucked butt and they tend to blow out. he said he has had them blow out on some 5.0's. i sure don't want this to happen. any other good but not $$$$$$$$$$$$$ cats out there that flow well? thanks. steve.

Catco cats are OE quality. They use a ceramic brick, and no they don't blow out. No doubt the 5.0 had tuning issues.

catco are ok

We put some on a S.C. some two years ago and they are still going. The big reason that they burn out is a "running rich" problum.. That is the biggest reason for cat's to burn up.. Heck, you can burn up a set of cats in 1000 miles if it is running rich. This I know for a fact, I did it...LOL ... oh well Big wheel replaced them under their return system... You should have good luck with them if your engine is tuned up....Rich

First thing, find a new exhaust shop. That guy clearly isn't the brightest candle in the box. Either that, or he's trying to get you to buy something he makes more money from.

Catco cats are just as good as most of the cats on the market. I have them on my car as do many of my friends. Never a problem.

I think the high flow ones from summit that I ordered were catco hig flow. By the way, does anyone have numbers for the Magnaflow mufflers for a 95 SC.

Back