I'm Home, safe and sound

al35thsc

All I can say is, When is the next one??? The cars, the racing, the "food" but most importantly, the people, im friggin speechless! Thanks a bunch to all of you for the great time at Famoso!

Special thanks to all the South West guys for showing up (some all the way from New Mex), and as promised, no photoshops ;)

Al

PS Thanks to the guys driving home ditching me at the grape vine...lol Did anyone but Val ever catch up???

Diddo!!!!! Al,
I agree, we had a great time. There where 21 cars there at one time in the day. Bakersfield meet just keeps getting better every time.
They did have a lot of racers there for the summit racing. But I'm glad they made time for us two run. It did make for a long day.

You would think after handing the guy in the track tower a full desciption (hand writen out) that he could figure out the difference between turbo and super charged cars. Lets send him some de-calf... ;)

Again thanks to all the S/cal guys that made it too the meet and made it the best one ever.
The wife will be up dating her web page this afternoon with some 74 pics of the meet.

Hope everyone got home safe.......

Kurt Sr

A job well-done

I'm glad you are home Al.
Thanks for being the focal point for this event. Especially your services as the road honcho and getting us safely to Bakersfield.
I appreciate your efforts and I know the rest of the crew does as well.

I'll second that

Good work, Al! Great turnout too.
Thanks to all of you who drove so far; especially Eric, Emily, & Munch from New Mexico!
Congrats to Jim for best ET & TS again!

No Prob! I did in fact however forget 3 VERY important things. The Cow Pie Awards :( They were in my back seat and totally forgot about them. I'll scan them at work and present them on the board I guess. I'll save them and mail them out or wait till the next Bakersmeet.

Al

::Cough:: who has the fastest 35th now?!? =) by the way al, the bottle was empty the whole time... while loading the car back up onto the trailer, i noticed the bottle completely iced over... the hose from the bottle, to the nozzle, wasn't tightened on the bottle side, and drained itself... but all in all... it was fun, next weekend i plan on making an "all motor" pass at carlsbad to see what it pulls.

Great meet guys & gals

Ron & SCCoC & SCCoNC :D
Thanks for the most wonderful time never seen so many SC together at once. many I have never met before and the cars so awesome and so nice!

"Thank You John" :) it was nice to see the SCCoSC Quickest & Fastest Black Night machine there you made some nice runs cant wait for the next one

Special Thanks to the SCCoSW Kurt & Kelly and the others you made it so much fun Kelly has one beautiful car Kurt as wild as ever a fun person to be around THANKS

Full Thottle good time :D

Last edited:
Now that's a meet!

Hey guys, I finally woke up been sleeping all day. Started driving by braille near Irvine so we pulled over for some Starbuck's and then I couldn't sleep. Bakerfield was a whole lot of fun. When's the next day at the races? Anybody get a price on Kelly's FMIC set-up? That thing is tricked!!! I think I want one after my next set of mods. Hey Matt, was your bottle dry on both runs? How big a shot are you running?

Val

Valentino, i'm running a tiny "anti-detonation" shot, of 35hp. Not sure if it was dry on both runs, the first run i knew exactly why it didn't work. I'm going to bump up to a 50 shot and try it at bakersfield, and see what i run. JOHN had an awesome day... not going to give up his ET, but WAY TO GO JOHN!

Last edited:
I had a good time. It was impressive to see all the cars show up. It just keep's getting bigger and better.

Yaawwn....

Oh, Hi guys.

Us Old Farts need our sleep. I was kind'a in & out most of the day and the in times I was cleaning up an cutting and pasting. I'm gonna send the pic's on to Al since I don't have a place to post them. Thanks for all the effort Al. I was IMPRESSED! Fantastic meet! :D

Getting to meet and spend time with people I knew from the boards years ago and all the "new" friends I've made since coming back kept me grinning most of the day. :p

With all the people willing to drive hundreds of miles to get there from NoCal, SoCal and SW sure proved there are people as crazy as me about SC's. ;) This was truly an amazing showing!

Also thanks for the support and help in letting me SHO how NOT to run the 1/4. :D

Lee

BTW: Kurt, counting those few non-members (possibly new members) who joined us, there were 24 SC's, a Cat and a SHO some dummy brought and could only run 15.71. ;)

Attachments

• shootal.jpg
    shootal.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 84
Matt, cant argue with the facts dude, you ran a 15.3 to my 15.4. What was your mph btw? Anyway, I still say asterisk (*) and the use of Nos should be added to the title ROFL j/k. Hang on to it as long as you can, next time at the track I'll get my title back ;)

Al

PS Pictures will be uploaded today.

Sorry for posting late. We made it back to Vegas Sunday at 3pm. The SwCrew had a blast. Congrats to Jim and John on the big #s. Eric has vids on some of the runs, I'll see if he can post them. Val, you or anyone can call me about the FMIC. 702 452-3834 call after 3pm.
Thanks to all for a kick *** time, SwCrew

Back