cobra R hood clearence? i need to fit this (pic)

mRbojangles

howdy guys, i was wondering how much clearance does the cobra R hood for 89-93 have? im having trouble finding a hood that will fit my 351 that i put into my 93 t-bird

351%20hood%20shot%202.jpg

351%20full.jpg

351%20front.jpg

how much space do you need exactly? It looks like it might not be enough though, close but I don't think it'll fit. you'd probably want a 3" cowl, but I'm pretty sure they don't make those for our car

Try this

I got a "R" hood on the car that I took to last year nat's. That one had a 460 carbed engine in it. You will pick up just over 3 inches in the back of the hood. If that is what you need than go for it,BUT DO NOT buy Legendary hoods, they suck big time... If you need anything else feel free to e-mail me or hit me on here.....Rich

one nice thing....

The hood I told you not to buy has one nice thing, the first step is one inch, then the main cowl is a full three inches. This would give you a total of FOUR inches of lift. The trouble is, the first lift is not straight, so when you get done you only have less than three.. If they would build the hood so that the first lift was square with the rest of the hood, then add the cowl on also square you would be set to go... Maybe this other place that you are looking at does this and you will be happy with the hood.. Maybe it would be good to ask them on this point.....Rich

Check out the outfit on ebay, they are selling Cobra R style hoods for the tbird fairly inexpensively. I have no knowledge of whether they are any good or not... just know that they make 'em

Paul

Whats wrong with having something sticking out of your hood? It does become a PITA trying to keep it out of the weather, but the intimidation factor is well worth it :).
tmicsigpic.jpeg

George,

I do! I always wondered what that lump on the hood was. I always thought the car had a big backfire explosion and popped the hood out.

Unfortunately, I haven't installed my american sports car design cobra R hood yet, but I did test fit it a while back and it is tall. And can't say how tell, so it probably doesn't help. It does look like you might be able to modify to TB mount a little to add clearence if needed.

Back