i give up, where is the FPR

Platinum90SC

i've read everything in the forums about the fpr, and so far nothing has mentioned exactly where it is. the closest location that i've read says its on the drivers side rear of the engine.

so...where exactly is it, and what needs to be removed to get to it?

lets settle this once and for all, i really appreciate your help.

you cant really see it, but if you follow the fuel rail around to the back of the supercharger its right there under the plenum with a vac line going to it.

back side of the left head, held on by a stud w/ a nut 10mm. Tricky to get at, wear gloves or you'll draw blood. Some SC's had bolts rather than studs. My 90 had a stud. Its got a vac line coming off of it. Might need to remove the wiper cowl to see it better.

BTW.... What does FPR stand for, curious now that I read this thread that it might be what I may be hearing leaking back there. I have a vac. leak ( sounds like one ) coming from the left side if you were facing the engine. Was thinking it may be the EGR value, but in reading this, I was curious on what FPR stood for? I can also check it too!

Jeff B.

Isn't the fuel pressure regulator on the right side of the block, if you are facing it?

Facing the block, right side, from the block's perspective, the left side.

Or maybe better, driver's side of the block.

Driver side = left side.

Typically when describing left and right, it's as though you are sitting in the car.

So you and everyone else in here is correct.

Dale

thanks

well, i appreciate the help guys, it was right where you said it was HOWEVER.....its friggin impossible to get out!! i took the whole wiper assembly apart, including the wiper motor, and there is still no room. i gave up and put everything back together. good ridance!

Back