HEater COre

smokymance

i was driving down the street a few days ago, and i noticed that the bottom of the panel underneeth the glove box was leaking. im thinking its my heater core so far since i cant blame it on anything else. i couldnt make it out if it was raidator fluid or whatnot and im not sure how the heater core works>>does it use rad fluid? im not missing any fluid from my rad tho. what could be the problem. heater core is going to be a pain to replace due that i have to take the dash apart.

heater core

Sounds like it is your Heatercore! I went through this 2 yrs ago
the one thing you need to get is a "Ford" shop manual.
It shows where the 11 bolts are that hold the dash in & just
exactly what you need to do & in the order to do it.
I spent 2 days trying to figure out how to get it out & then
got a shop man. & 1 hour later the dash was out!!
relax......with the right info you can get through this.
kardoctor was alot of help & direction to me then.

i was going to say that when i first asked the question...it was raining as i was driving too and the car was in the rain for a while. i just noticed a big spot of water on the ground when i got in...it is just on the middle mat on the passanger side, not the driver side. that could be cause the blower motor or etc is in that side though. i just hope that it isnt a heater core.

Do a search with key words like: "water" "leaking" etc. You'll find quite a bit of info. It could very well be water leaking in from the cowl, which is much easier to fix than a heater core.

Smell it... If it smells like antifreeze, then you've got a problem; if it smells like mildew, then you're in pretty good shape. The air intake vent under the pass side cowling can let rain water in and a puddle will form on the floor. I replaced my heater core last year when I replaced the evaporator... its not a fun job as you have to pull the dash out. It will take you a day at least and probably tear a lot of stuff up. :(

if it's the heater core you'd definitely smell it....if you don't know what antifreeze smells like it's kinda sweet smelling...

post htr core install wiring probs

does anybody have a picture of cable routing behind the dash? think I have something out of place. :confused:

Mine heater core started leaking like a sieve the other day, and it never got into the interriro, it all pourded onto my exhaust pipe frm the drain in the blower case... I'm positive it was the heater core, as it was also comming from the foam around the tubes...

That will learn me to buy a AutoZone heater core....

Back