No heat or air

Gearhead466

The blower motor in my 91 SC will not come on. The fuse is good and it has a new motor. I can "hot wire" the motor and it will run, but wont turn at all when hooked up to the car. According to my test light both wires on the motor are hot. I have a chilton manual for the car, but the wiring diagram is not even close to what my car has. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks in advance,
Mark

PS The car has automatic climate control.

Hello. I assume you are referencing hte HVAC blower. There is a small black box containing a Diode behind the glovebox. It should be visible if you remove the compartment. I believe the diode sometimes fails in this, and I think it causes complete loss of fan operation. You can find more at a junkyard.

Yeah I was talking about the HVAC blower. Sorry I should have been more specific. Are you talking about the blower motor resistor? It is the only little black box I could find behind the glove compartment. ( It is held on to the heater box with 2 screws)

Yes thats the one. I just realized it could also be the variable switch on your auto climate control. This happened to a friend's explorer. Slightly different, but the switch stopped the fan from operating entirely.

Fixed it

Well, I went to the salvage yard and got a used blower motor resistor, and it works perfectly now. (Even though the guy at the salvage yard said that would not fix it. lol )
Thanks for your help,
Mark

Back