EEC Tuner, ?Dr. Fred?

lowflying90

I'd like to get as much info and input that I can about EEC tuners from people who are ACTUALLY using them or have used them in the past.

I know they can be used to lower the engine temp by turning the fans on sooner, advance timing, change the maf and injectors, and stuff like that. What else do they improve upon?

How much horsepower gain can be expected? 0-20 horsepower?

Does anyone have any experience in programming them? Dr. Fred?

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
There was another post about this somewhere. On a stock set up as much as 20hp can be seen. On non stock set ups it would greatly depend on the other mods and wether or not they need a custom ecc config.

You will see more gains and improvements with more modifications to your engine. You can't really take full advanatage of things like injectors, heads, and a cam without either a tuner or a chip. Some people have complained about the touchy connection between the tuner and the EEC and have chosen to have a custom chip burned instead. I still prefer the ability to change parameters on the fly should you decide to go in a different direction or want to change something else on the car.

yea,

i thought there was a post on it somewhere but i couldn't seem to find it anywhere. anyone have a link to that particular post?

Thanks,
Jeff

Back