Major T-bird Upgrade

jmurp997

I have a 3.8 engine out of a 98 Mustang, which I want to drop into my 87 T-bird. Aside from the computer and wiring/fuel modifications, will an intake manifold from a 94 Super coupe bolt up OK to the 98 heads. All but one of the intake manifold bolt positions lines up perfectly. I am missing however, a threaded hole on the cylinder head side for 1 manifold bolt. I'm thinking of tapping a thread myself. As this is a pressurized manifold, I believe it would be a mistake to simply "overlook" this missing bolt, the positioning is probably crucial. I would consider buying SC cylinder heads, but the heads that came on this engine look absolutely fantastic in every respect, right down to the roller rockers. Anybody ever try anything crazy like this "successfully" before. Also, I'm stroking out the 3.8 to a 4.2.

Thanks,

John

John,

You may want to post your question on this message board instead. These guys are very familiar with the NA 3.8 and 4.2 engines. Most of the knowledge around here is going to be SC specific. Good luck with your engine swap.

http://www.v6power.net/forum/

David

Back