wiring

What seems to be the problem with your brakes? (I ask because there aren't very many "wiring related" problems with the Teves Mark II ABS).

OK, that sounds like a bad ABS Pump Relay (AKA "Brown Pump Relay"). The relay is located up next to the firewall on the passenger side. There are a couple of relays over there that are for the ABS, one controls the signals from the computer to the warning indicators on the instrument panel, the other is the pump relay. It should actually say "ABS Pump" on it and be dark brown in color. A replacement is available from most parts houses, ask for a GP Sorensen #MR120. Should cost around $12 to $15, depending on where you go. Sometimes these relays will stick open and you get no power to the pump, and sometimes they stick closed and the pump will run constantly (till the battery goes dead). Besides a fuse (or maybe a bad pressure sensor/switch), this is the only thing I can think of that would cause "no power" to the pump. Check this out and if this isn't the cause, we will move on to testing the pressure sensor........

that sounds like that might be it. when i bought the car the guy had a tagol switch hooked in it to turn the pump on and off because it would run all the time. thank you very much

Back