White Gauge Faces installation?

layinthesmack31

hey guys
i bought some white gauge faces off ebay for my car and they are the kind that have there own dimmer switch on them. They need to be wired into the headlight power wire and to a ground. So my question is how do i go about getting the needles off? Also i was wondering if anyone else has these gauges in their cars and how they look. What is a good way to get the gauge faces to stay in place? Well any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Matt

You need something that can pry up on the needle from the bottom, on the round part of the needle. Do NOT pry up on the needle itself, or it will snap off.

A really strong fork might do it. Something that you can put under there and pry up with equal pressure on each side of the pin.

When I bought my nrauto gauges, they came with a tool to put under there and pry them up with.

Also, make sure you mark EXACTLY where your needles are before you take them off. It's also a good idea to have a FULL tank of gas before you take the gauge cluster out, and do it on a stone cold motor, so the temp gauge is off the scale to the left and the fuel gauge is off to the right. Easier to get it right when putting them back on.

Dale

do u have any recommendations on what to use to keep the new gauge faces in place? should i use 2 sided tape? or will they stay in place once they are assembled? thanks
Matt

I never used anything on mine. Take off the old and put on the new. If I recall correctly, the large ones have some tiny screws to hold it on. The little ones will be held on by the bezel that goes in front of the gauges.

Dale

Back