Kiss the Cats Goodbye... I think

Thunder139

I think i have found a shop that will remove the two cats from the underside of my car. Here in Kansas cats are required, but there is no inspection or anything to see if you have them. And the shop thinks that the resonator would count as a cat for me so i would pass anyway.

Anything i should tell the guy before he cuts them off? I am figuring he will want to use the ends off of the cats, so once he cuts them up there is no going back.

Thanks

Shawn
Thunder139

To make it less obvious, many people just hollow the cats out and retain them for the same effect. You still get the performance increase, but they are still visible if anyones looking.

Some say theres a little drone, others say they can't tell the difference between that & none at all. In any case, I bet there are ways to silence the drone from the thin hat housing. For example, maybe some high-temp coating (tar?) inside or out.

Just got the Bird Back

I picked up the bird today, minus the cats. The Install looks good, but the sound is not exactly what I was wanting.

It sounds good at first, but a little loud at higher speeds. Would putting in the high flow cats quiet it down a little. I really don't want the loud sound, but the relief on my head gaskets.

I'll prob give it a few days to see how much it bothers me

Shawn

Maybe a little, but i was kinda focusing on the sound. I don't race or anything like that, but I am hoping make my car last by getting rid of some of the pressure off the gaskets.

would taking the resonator and replacing it with a high flow one releave some stress frome my heads? thats all im looking for too...making the birdy fly for as long as it can and not blow a HG...whats the best way to do this?thanks

AX the resonator. Most people replace/remove them before messing with the cats. Dynomax/Flowmaster make pretty good ones, I have heard that you do not want to delete it all together it will sound bad, like a honda.

But what do I know I still have the stock exhaust and 2 blown head gaskets :)

Good luck
Tim

Back