about the winshield wipers?

10second sc LTD

hello :

ok here is my problem , i have a 1989 sc l.t.d an i am having trouble with the wipers . they only work on high ! now my problem is "i think" its a relay but no-one seem to be able to help me out. there are like 7 to 9 relays that are the same serial number but they are all in different slot numbers , how do i find out , if this is my problem , wich one would it be????? if you need more info on my car just tell me what you need to know an i'll do my best to answer , or find out !

p.s.
just got the car on 3/18/03 , again it's a 1989 sc l.t.d.!

I agee with Joe, if they work on high, it means that the system is working all of the way through. Its just the controler (multifunction switch, MFS) that is the problem. They go bad for a lot of reasons since it also has the power for the lights running through it as well and are prone to overheating especially if you like to run at night using the fogs. Replacing the MFS is the simplest thing to do, look in the Classifieds b/c I've seen them there. Good luck

yup thats right don't buy a new one though they are huge bucks I went through 3 before I got one that eveything worked but saved like 90% off of Fords price:D
oh and whats an SC l.t.d??

re:whats a sc l.t.d.

the sc = super charged or super coupe....
the l.t.d. = limited edtion "that means there was only so many of the model made for that year (something like only 350 of these cars were ever made in 1989)" : it comes with a 10 or 12 boltposie rearend. and some other stuff i have to find out about yet!

i hope that answers your question .....

new switch!

hey i just bought a new wiper switch, tell me if you think what i paid was a good deal!!!! remember it's brand-new .......

100.00bucks thats one hundred dollars.

If you are referring to the Multi-Function Switch that attaches to the steering column, that's a good price for a new one (unless it doesn't fix the problem).

Never heard of the "LTD" SC, if such a thing existed, you're the first person ever to mention it here! I think maybe the guy who sold it to you was making it up? That's OK, an SC is a great car to have whether or not it's an "LTD".

Heh heh, at first I thought you had a supercharged one of these:

Attachments

• 76ltd1.jpg
    76ltd1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 449
BILLABONG089

YEAH MAYBE , BUT I GOT IT THE SAME DAY! DO YOU THINK THAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED FROM FORD??? PLUS WHAT ABOUT SHIPPING AND HANDLING??? HOW MUCH MORE WOULD THAT HAVE COST??? THINK ABOUT IT!!!!

ROB NOTH

the difference between the sc ltd and just a sc is the fact that the ltd come with a 12bolt possie rear an it's also about 8inches lower then all other sc's for that year (i know this because my friend "not the guy who sold it to me" has the same 1989 sc but not the ltd..........

Hold Your fire

you may have one rare bird there. As far as I know, the "Posi" only came stock on General Motors vehicles.
I used to run a 10-bolt posi on my *cough* Camaro Z-28.

SC LTD

Sorry, But

1. There is no such thing as an sc ltd

2. If you were 8" lower than a stock 89 sc you would be about 2" into the pavement.

That doesn't mean it isn't a nice car, but someone is pulling your leg.

Ed

think again

my car is only 2' from the ground . you really shoud do some research on 1989 t-birds because there is "sc ltd" , of the 89's there were only 350 of my car ever made they came with posi rears as well as being lower then all other 1989 t-birds for that year or any other year for that fact!

please look it up ed. thank you...

LOL

This is gonna get good....An SC ltd...LOL...This has gotta be a joke...A good one though...

So what did you pay for this rare machine then?

Brad

Looked it up

I looked that up in my Funk and Wagnalls (I know most of you are too young to appreciate that), and again there is no such thing. Also, I sure would like to hear about the mods you have to make it a "ten second sc", there are only one or two that I know of and only Jim Demmitts is evenly remotely streetable. I assume you drive yours on the street because you are concerned about the windshield wipers. What else besides the posi rear end and 8" lowering comes with the LTD option? My 35th is lowered about 1 1/2" and I scrape my exhaust all the time. There is no way to raise the exhaust any higher, or at least not much, so your exhaust must be dragging all the time. Please understand, I'm not trying to put you down but you are on a site where people have owned and worked on and studied these cars from the day they were manufactured. There is NO SUCH THING as a SC LTD. I wonder if you have a 35th edition sc. There were only a certain number of those made, they are '90s, they are black with silver ground effects. That is what I have, is that what yours looks like?

Last edited:
what ever you say ed.

i never said that i have a 10second sc ltd, that just my name. the world record for the fastest street leagle sc is 11.4 seconds i think. you can check that out on coymiller.com
i'm not sure what the 1/4 mile is on mine just yet, i have'nt hit the track with her.......

as far as ltd at this point i really don't care , i have a really nice car and fast too.......

p.s. my car is red with a light tan int. as well as ground effects kit . i've been trying to put a picture of it up but i'm not a computer buff when it comes to changing picture's ... this sigh says that you can only have something like 10,500k and the picture i have is twice that size, how can i change the size of my photo so i can get it on this sight??????

Back