Traction Assist vs Traction-Lok

Kent 48

It is my understanding (from the owners manual) that I can not have both Traction-Lok & Traction Assist on my 95 SC. I have the Traction Assist (8.8) on my bird and would rather have the limited slip rear end of the Traction-Lok. Does anyone have previous experience with pulling the TA rear end and replacing it with a T-L? Even if you don't personally know about this, what problems can there be with doing this?
Kent

What code do you have on the drivers door post under the AX ? This is the first time I've heard that an SC didn't have TracLok diff.
The code will say for sure.

The 94-95 SC auto trans cars were equipped with an open diff and the electronic traction control. (The 94-95 5-speeds got the track-lok and no traction control.)

Several owners have put a locking diff on their 94-95 auto with no ill effects. You can have it, it just did not come that way from the factory.

I put the Cobra aluminum 3:73 TL rear into my 94 and it still retains the T/C with no problems. As far as I can tell the T/C still functions too.(I don't drive the car in the wet weather anyway)

Back