No Spark!?

curse

Just like this car to do this to me right now. I have been driving my SC w/o a driver's license for two years now, and when I finally go get it this damn car dies on me. Kinda funny really, I know it could be cam sensor, or the ICM but what else could it be. I don't have my code tester, so I haven't pulled any codes. Any ideas?? It cranks fine, I have power just no spark. Thanks for any input.

Victor

Are you getting spark from any of the wires or just specfic ones ? I'd look at the ignition module or maybe coil back.

Cam sensor won't make it stop running. Check the CENTER of the dampner pulley and make sure the bolt is still there. There are 4 small bolts and one large bolt in the center. If it's not there then the dampner is broken and you need a new one (and the pulley, they come as a unit). The dampner can walk away from the crank sensor. Another thing that you should see if this is it is the shift up light will stay on while cranking.

Jeff

Well me problem was a mistake I made. I moved my battery to the trunk of my car, and use a different connector for the starter solenoid <---- (Sp). It was too big and got loose and I wasn’t making a good connection. You should try pulling codes. Also check if the wires from the cam sensor and crank sensor to see if the haven't been cut by the belts. If the wires have been cut, the computer will not pick up any codes. Hope this helps a little

Victor

ok problem of your own doing. no the harness is all good got a gremlin in the system i got to find thanks any way

Back