magnaport blower. Emissions legal??

stangbanger67

I'm pondering the thought of putting a magnaport 2 blower, scp intake plenum and a set of 38lb injectors on my 89 XR7 auto. I also have an scp cai, 76mm mafs 75mm t-body, and an intercooler fan. I live in Mass. so I want to know if this thing is going to pass a sniffer test- our tests are the same as California's:mad: :(

hey

The jump in injector size if anything will effect overall emmisions..Bigger injectors tend to puddle more at idle..Im sure a custom chip can take care of that for you..I see no reason why I wouldnt pass..My Sc with full exhaust(with cats) ESM ported blower MP inlet plenum..70 mm TB 80 mm Mass air and a few other things passed with flying colors..However I still had the stock 36lb's in my 94 SC...I'm unsure how the larger injectors will effect the emmisions on your car however...Somone will chime in Im sure

With a custom chip, or custom computer, you will be able to pass, puddling may or may not be a problem, depending on how well you tune it. A chip will make the difference if needed.

You should have absolutely no problems passing with your mods. If you do, then you have other issues.

Back