say hello to the new guy!!!!!!

jaceqq

hello, i just wanted to introduce myself.my name is Jace or JC. if you prefer.i'm 31,me and my wife live in southern West Virginia. We have one child apiece both 9, and a bunch of cars we are probley never get done. :0)

i drive a 1970 mach1 mustang just about everyday.that we built,it was in sad shape when i got it,no motor,no glass,no doors,very little interior.. well you get the picture.the wife (Shelley) wanted a classic mustang also (1965-66). to work on and play with.after a lot of searching for a stang with no luck,everything was either way over priced or rusted beyond what we were willing to deal with.however we found a nice standard 1970 cougar,very little rust and running for 1,200 bucks.one more reason for getting the cougar was that i have parted out a few 69-70 mustangs and the cougar is all mustang under the skin. :0) saves alot of cash.so her love affair begins with cougars. which leads me here to this forumn.about 2 weeks ago i bought her a 1989 cougar XR7 auto black,grey leather.97.000 miles.for 1,000 bucks,to get her in a cougar while her 1970 is being built(very slowly i might add :0) ) i hoping to get her out of that 1990 olds that she drives everyday soon(well she hates that car, anyways shes a ford,merc,linc kind of gal :0) )this is new ground for me. i'm use to working and playing with the classics. i'm hoping to learn alot here, so please hold the flames if i ask a real stupid question from time to time :0).

i might even throw in a question or 2 about the 87 thunderbird turbo coupe i just bought also,if anyone can help.i'm also a member of the vintage mustang forums and classic cougar forums( both great places for info on the classics!!!!)
i guess thats about it. hope to get to know some of you and maybe even help some of you along the way......if yall want see our cars i'll post some links................. jace

Welcome JC!

I had a 69 XR7, 69 Boss 302 and a 70 Mach I Clevland I mildly customed - it was white, removed all badging, glassed over the front fender vents and painted them and the grill white, removed the chrome bezels aound the tail lights and ground off the paint on the top of the black fins on the sides. Your's looks real nice as is. :D

Oh yeah, plus an 88 TC and my ex had a 69 Mach I CobraJet with the "Shaker'. ;)

A total over the years of 14 'Stangs and 9 TB's. I didn't miss the Muscle Car Era, and it looks like you're not going to either! Including the current one. :D

Lee

Last edited:
Back