SC oil change

ponykilaSC

:confused:
i always wanted an SC and fially go one. A '93 auto blk/blk lthr all extras. it has about 100,671 miles on it.
Sorry if it's a dumb question but i'm a 1st time SC owner, had a regular V6 a year ago.Anyways,I've been wanting to check the SC oil, but don't know exactly where the needle is .I heard it was recomended after 100k.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Congrats and WELCOME.

If you look at the top of the Super charger on the snout you will see a black plug that takes an alan to remove it. There it is.

The SC oil is supposed to last a lifetime, but if you want to change it (I would) use a turkey sucker thing and suck the fluid out and go to GM (yes GM) and get some supercharger oil (IT's cheaper and it's the same stuff as the Ford Stuff)

Good luck
enjoy your car :)

If you have anymore question come here, Everyone here will answer your question, so post away :)

There is no needle. I'm assuming a 93 SC is like a 95 for the oil anyway. There is an allen head bolt on the SC. You can't miss it. I read the oil should come up to the bottom of the bolt threads. I had a hard time removing my bolt so I would recommend smacking the allen wrench with a hammer will you twist on it with a pair of pliers or something. Might take two people to do this, or maybe it will just come right out. I can't remember what size it takes off hand, but it is english system. Probably around a 1/4 but that doesn't sound right. If you need oil the GM stuff is $8 a bottle compared to Fords $16. I completely changed my oil. Suck it out with something, antifreeze tester, turkey baster ect. Takes almost two bottles to fill.

Someone correct me if the 93 oil fill is different from a 95 or anything else.

38SCPROJECT, you beat me to it.

And yes, enjoy the car. You might want to change the antifreeze also. Heard this is good protection for the headgaskets.

Julian

Last edited:
Just use an allen socket, smacking it with a hammer is a good way to strip it. Just get a allan socket and a socket wrench and turn.

If you smack the wrench straight down with the hammer it makes the combination a sort of impact wrench. It came right out for me when I did this. Just slowly increase the torque on the wrench while tapping it. I tried the allen prior to it, and stripped it out. I got lucky though, after it was stripped I could get a slightly larger metric allen in it and used the "impact" comb. so I didn't have to weld one on the bolt.

Just my $.02. Hopefully ponykilaSC won't have this problem. Nice name. And 1BADSC, I love the TA. It is my dream car also. My first car was an 88 TC which I bought because the hood reminded of the TA that I couldn't afford. Enjoy it!

The plug is 3/16" allen head and comes out easiest with a socket type wrench and a rachet. If hot, fluid and air are likely to come out the hole when plug is pulled. Best to check it with a cold engine.

I have have found it easier to drain the supercharger with a pump sprayer, like out of a bottle of Windex. Spray it into a small container. Takes about 6 oz. to re-fill to the bottom of fill plug threads.

David

and if you turn it very slowly it will not spray out sc fluid. It is just lilke a bottle of pop, open slowly to avoid spilling. You will be able to hear it hissing the air out.

Back