Bill Elliot SC? With a V8-SC

I saw this earlier and was wondering the same thing myself. Its new to me, but I'm a newbie anyway.

I think what he's saying is HE had the engine and exhaust modified, because I know someone here that has one of those, and his has simply a generic 5.0 in it. I've seen others too, and they all had the stock 5.0 HP #'s. The Bill Elliott models i've seen all had rear drum brakes etc, no ARC etc.- basically an LX with SC GFX and some B.E. decals.
I actually sold my oem SC rims to the guy here with one. I kind of regret that. :(

Nice car though.

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

I have also seen a Bill Elliot Super Coupe as well....automatic... owned by a woman up in MA is memory serves. Used to have a copy of her window sales sticker too.

Yup, they exist, there is a guy on tccoa who bought one awhile back that also has the cobra engine it it supposedly.

that's actually a sweet car, now just think, open up the summit catalog and order up the Paxton or Vortec supercharger kit for the 5.0 HO ......hmmmm............now THAT would be SWEET!

I've seen that car - problem was it was almost a year ago. And I saw it in Kansas City at the first Midwest meet (April 19-21 if I think were the dates) The previous owner came down to the track on Saturday afternoon and we talked for a bit. We got ready to go back to the hotel, he was invited but never showed.

The current owner (who lives in Omaha) I haven't met yet. It's looks like a nice car and I wish I had the money for it. I'd rather have just a 93 LX with the 5.0 HO and the suspension pieces, brakes, stereo, and the other things that have been done - just minus what makes it a Bill Elliot Edition. Still looks like a great car.

-Andy "Melon"

Bill Elliott birds were V8's.

This is an owners personal touch to make it look like an SC. There was never an SVT bird unless I missed something.

Yes, they were limited edition cars...

These cars were available only in certain areas and were available with SC GROUND EFFECTS ONLY!!!!!!!!!

The car was a 5.0 V-8 motor with NO BLOWER!!!!! The only true SVT Thunderbird out there is a "home-made" version by Alex Baynard in P.A.

The car he has is a 1991 with the newer body and a Cobra motor with the blower on it.

He built it himself and he will more than likely be at Carlisle this year again.

Don

Back