Another Bakersfield Meet???

RonzSC

A Question For the So-Cal Crew Only....
Is there interest in having another Bakersfield meet this year.

Last year we had a meet in August and it was way too hot for performance. We would propose to have a meet, if you guys show the interest, later in the year.
The reason for the question is that it had been suggested that once a year was "enough" for combined meets.

Post your interest or post your non-interest....pretty please

Last edited:
Bakersfield

Another meet in the year would be fine with me. Perhaps mid Sept. to early Oct. The weather should be a little cooler.

Mark

Anything BUT the summer months. Also, plan not around the same time as Nationals. Also, lets invite the Washington people too and maybe a mustang club, kinda like a shootout :)

Al

We'll all get the SC's in a circle and shine our highbeams at you Paleface :) Luckily, I came equiped with a year round tan :rolleyes:

Al

Oh Well

I posted an inquiry over there and there was but one response. So for the meantime I removed the later meet from our schedule. Perhaps as the year goes on there may be sufficient interest to schedule another meet.

It looks like we can have a very nice meet locally and have a nice showing. Let's play it by ear for the meantime and see what develops.

Last edited:
Be more positive Ron

We've got 8 committed already (most should be committed :p ) and then there are those you couldn't keep away with an M1A Abrahms: John, Mike, Carlos, the 2 Gone14's and those crazies from the SW who'll show up for ANYTHING that's an excuse for a party! :D

You were talking about postponing the last meet for lack of interest and look what happened: 23 vehicles and a head count of about 35! ;)

Keep the faith!

WORD!

Another Bakersmeet is just what we need to get more interest. Judging by the number of people who have seen the pictures, they seem to be gathering interest in our little chapter. C'mon Ron, then maybe the Northerners can finally see u driving your car ;)

Al

Don't be a wet blanket Ron. We have plenty of people that missed this one that want to make up for it and plenty of other people that went to this one and cant wait for the other one. Lets keep the date as TBA (sometime in the fall).

Al

Sounds Good

I will put as TBD.
Al, wet blanket?
I was shielding you homeboy. You are the one that said that one meet a year was "Enough".
Just slap me around.......I'm used to it now.

Back