n/a V6 exhaust

smokymance

i have asked a few guys here and i have gotten diff answers....thanks for all the support so far....but i want everyones opinion...for my LX v6 i want to get a new exhaust on it to releave that pressure of the head gaskets. im kinda on a budget but willing to spend a few extra if i know its going to be good. what set up would i be better off with...no cats? y pipe resonator? get it like an SC dual in the back with some nice mufflers...? what will sound good but not so loud? i hear that for it to have a nice rumble i need to y pipe it? any ideas would be appreciated. thanks a lot so far guys.

besides straight pipes?. Leave the front half alone and get some free flow rear mufflers. No matter what you do the gaskets will still blow;) . So go to a wrecking yard and get the SC or V8 rear pipe section first, or maybe new at a muffler shop.
Also a good exhaust can cost close to what having the gaskets changed might be:D

new down pipes
resonator
dual rear section
rear mufflers
install
high flow cats
hanger, hardware etc
Remember the SCs have differently placed down pipes than your car
I would leave it, plus there are two styles of rear pipes, 89-91 and 92-95(have the pipe running thru the middle of the gas tank)

so if it wont help with the heads...and since im not looking for an exhaust...i rather just leave it stock...this idea came to me since i thought it would help the heads, but ill just let it stock

maybe if you floor it often it'll help out:D ( I mean drive it hard). Best thing to do is drive it really easy till it warms up, cars that have been gently run until normal operating temperature has been reached usually last longer

I know of two instances about people that continually "hammerd" the throttle when cold, they both changed head-gaskets every year, so far I think one guy has had them done them about 2-3 times for sure:D . If these cars had iron heads or thicker aluminum decks(bad design), I doubt the gaskets would walk as much as they do:rolleyes:

...oh yea, both of these were;)/are N/A 3.8s

thats just sad....i love birdys...they arent the best car on the street...but i sure love these cars....they are fun all around...and the best thing is that no one has them, and it makes them unique

the aluminum colored intake ones had better gaskets than the black intaked ones black+=early/alum. = late i know the changeover date on a stang but not on a tbird
i have a alum. intake one in my stang but the supercoupe motor is going in there next month:D

any modification of the Stock exhaust on a V6 n/a hurts bottom end pretty good, been there done that.....

Currently have 2.25" into single 3" on my V6 LX but the vortech supercharger will help fill it better :D

Back