Coast to Coast SC

Well the smog results are done for the red streak:
HC(low) max 80 meas 43
HC(high) max 45 meas 26

CO%(low) max .46 meas .11
CO%(high) max .43 meas .05

NOppm(low) max 681 meas 431
NOppm(high) max 687 meas 345

We passed!!! No awards for cleanliness but she's good for another 2 years. Good:I don't HAVE TO spend any money on exhaust...Bad:This will make it tougher to get the budget passed with an exhaust expenditure :mad: Also, the test weight was 4250 with <1/4 tank for those of you who say 93's are light:cool:
Anthony

Anthony,
93's are light, both of my 90's weigh about 9500 each!!! No wonder I can only run 14.4.

Mike

Congrat's Anthony

My 35th failed on the NOppm's - both over 730.

BTW: Mike, is that with you in or out of the car? :p

That's cool

It sounds familiar from the details you wrote. I am sure my numbers should improved inasmuch as I have the new cats.

Congratulations Anthony....nicley done!
When I think of your runs, I always think of Roger Bannister and the first sub-4 minute mile. How close can anyone get to breaking into another world. Man, you have danced all over that threshold and it's time to break into the fourteens and make that perfect .500 light. How many 15.1's and .501's do you have now bro?

We Passed

Here are my numbers;

HC(low) max 105 meas 17
HC(high) max 80 meas 15

CO%(low) max .69 meas .01
CO%(high) max .56 meas .01

NOppm(low) max 757 meas 384
NOppm(high) max 696 meas 443

Does the high "NO" mean it is burning oil?

From DMV

%CO2: Carbon Dioxide is a colorless, odorless gas which is a byproduct of most combustion processes and also of human respiration. It is the same gas found in soda pop. High levels of CO2 in exhaust typically indicate greater engine efficiency; however, CO2 is considered a greenhouse gas that may cause global warming. High or low levels of carbon dioxide emissions are not grounds for a vehicle failing the Smog Check; the measurement is meant as a diagnostic tool for technicians. CO2 is measured in percent.

%O2: Oxygen is a colorless, odorless gas necessary for life on the planet and also for engine combustion to occur. The atmosphere is comprised of approximately 21% oxygen. High levels of O2 emissions can indicate a problem with the catalytic converter. High or low levels of O2 emissions are not grounds for a vehicle failing the Smog Check; the measurement is meant as a diagnostic tool for technicians. O2 is measured in percent.

HC (PPM): Hydrocarbons are the component of fuels that produce energy. HC emissions from a vehicle are basically unburned fuel. High levels of HC emissions indicate incomplete fuel combustion, either the result of a misfire or of low engine compression. Unhealthy levels of HC emissions result in a vehicle failing its Smog Check. Hydrocarbons are measured in parts per million (PPM).

CO (%): Carbon Monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that is fatal to many life forms in moderate concentrations. CO emissions are often the byproduct of an overly rich fuel mixture. Unhealthy levels of CO emissions result in a vehicle failing its Smog Check. CO is measured in percent.

NO (PPM): Oxides of nitrogen (more commonly called NOx) are odorless gases that help form smog, and give smog its characteristic brown color. NO is produced when temperatures in the combustion chambers exceed 2500 degrees Fahrenheit. Excessive engine temperatures could be caused by a lean fuel mixture, by retarded timing, by carbon buildup inside the combustion chamber, or by a malfunctioning engine cooling system. The function of the EGR System is to reduce NO. Unhealthy levels of NO emissions result in a vehicle failing its Smog Check. NO is measured in parts per million (PPM).

Anthony

Obie One please help.

I call Hwycoper Obie One and I guess he will need to explain this in the parlance of the Lawman.
My guess is that it might be old plugs, but they have about 30K miles....
Thanks Anthony.

Mine don't have EGR.

I failed the NO and because I don't have EGR I was told the only thing it could be was the cat's. After the cat's were replaced, the #'s were well within the limits.

Lee

Sure...

Cats could do it as could a mixture that is a bit lean. DId you have that broadband O2'd at the dyno session at Swanson's?

Anthony

PASSED

The Ti SC passed as is!!!

Here's the numbers:

HC(low) max 105 meas 70
HC(high) max 80 meas 33

CO%(low) max 0.69 meas 0.19
CO%(high) max 0.56 meas 0.09

NOppm(low) max 757 meas 554
NOppm(high) max 696 meas 406

I'm a happy SCer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Good one Mike.

I think those #'s are close to what mine gave the last time it was running (almost 3 yrs ago). :rolleyes:

These baby's are pretty flexible if tuned right! :p

Lee

Back