snout is of how do i get the rest apart

corey796

i have the snout off the top off and both came off very easy but the plate between the snout and the main body will not come off so i cant get the blades or what every you want to call them out

there are no more bolts that i can see do i need to pry it apart or what

Last edited:
Why are you taking it apart? To see what's inside?

There isn't a reason to take it apart any further unless you need to change the rear bearings. At any rate use a 2X4, hold it with the gears facing down use your head as far as what to catch the rotor cartridge if it just falls out. Just give it a little tap tappy and it comes right out.

Don't use a screwdriver, or if you do be very careful.

Jeff

or use the back of a wooden handled hammer and slide it between the rotors thru the inlet and place it against the back of the plate and tap the hammer head with another hammer, alternate from the inlet and outlet if you have to, just dont smash the rotors;), watch the gap between the case and the plate and make sure its evenly seperating, use flange sealant between these areas also.

There is really no reason to take the rotors out unless U want to inspect and repack the rear bearings.
Here is how to get the rotors out. Lay the assembly on a bench with a towel under it. Have some one hold the blower housing. Take a piece of wood and tap the end of the rotor through the inlet air hole. As soon as the rotors move 1/8" to1/4" stop tapping. Carefully set the assembly on the gears and lift the housing off. U must be carefull U don't want to scratch the inside of the housing or the rotors. Don't let the rotors bump together. I put a wash cloth sized piece of cloth between the rotors and hold them together with rubber bands. U must be extra cautious with the coated rotors. Do not use any solvents on coated rotors!
To reassemble put he housing on end and carefully lower the roters in.

I would never tap rotors that are pressed in and are part of a balanced assembley. thats king of like tapping on a timing chain to push the timing gears in

I think he is referring to the Rear bearings (needle bearings), because he says repack them with grease. The bearings that are in the cartridge (the plate and rotors) get their lube from the oil in the snout. It will take a lot more than tapping to get the rotors out. It takes about 1100 to 1300 pounds of force to remove the rotors from the gears. Replacing those bearings would take a milling machine. There is a metal lip that is rolled over the bearing to keep them in their place (from what I can tell). It’s not real hard to remove and reinstall the rotors you need to mark the gears as a set and the shaft of the rotor to each gear so that they go right back together properly. Their splined so it’s really not that hard.

Jeff

Last edited:
The rotors do not touch the rear face of the plate. When U tap the rear of the rotors the pressure is transfered to the bearings. U will not damage the rotors. U need to un seat the plate. I have disassembled many blower with no damage. Just pay attention to my cautions. I wlold not try to seperate the plate U will have to make some tools to press the rotors off the gears. The gears and rotors are times as well.

thanks for the help

thanks for the help

next do you know a part number for the snout seal i think it is leaking there was a lot of grease like stuff under the pulley i think sc oil mixed with dirt made that grease

i tride that rawhide 7965(for snout seal) or what every it was i found on here and a local bearing and seal place could not find any thing

and for the last what kinid of grease goes on the back 2 bearings when i got the housing apart they had a blue colored greares i have never seen

thanks for the help

Last edited:
I now recomend the Chicago Rawhide 7966 or TCM 20X47X7TC. Both are the correct size are is easier to install than the 7965. I can get eather and have 6 7966s on hand. I will ship one to U for $10.00 free shipping in the lower 48. I can get U a complete kit for $50.00.

Back