No dash lights

92SCDoughboy

i have had no dash lights for a while now, i am thiking its the dimmer/headlight switch, mainly nbecause my climate control lights do not work either. I have checked the fuses and everything is good, just want to make sure this would be it before i go buy the new unit.

As well does anyone know the p/n for this, I have a 92 SC.

Thx in advance

not sure if this applies to supercoupes....but when you turn the headlights on do your tailights light up? on other cars it could be a bad fuse if neither the dash lights or taillights work.

Jeff

no dash lights!!!

i am wondering if you fixed the problem you were having with your dashlights? I am having the same issue with my dashlights ,i don't have any with the light switch pulled all the way out. but if i balance between parklights and headlights i can get them to work . please respond so i can get some ideas thanks in advance

huckleberry

I suggest that you replace your headlight switch. There are two types, one for cars with the autolamps option.

I had the same problem as well and it was my headlight switch. While I haven't fixed it yet, but it doesn't happen to me very often. For a while, I had to have the switch in just the right place to get park lights, head/taillights, and dash lights.

If you do happen to find a P/N for one, let me know. I'd like to replace mine at some time since the clamp thing that holds the knob in is kinda broken.

-Andy "Melon"

dashlights

i don't think it is the dashlights cause' i replaced it with a new one from ford and i does the same thing .

Immediately after you replaced the headlight switch, did the dash lights work? Do you have high wattage headlights, foglights, or any non-standard wiring (is something being powered by the dash lights circuit, causing the headlight switch to fail prematurely)?

I twist the fuse pins before puttin it in the holder to get contact,
since I put a oversived fuse in that location a few years back.

I fixed my dashlights!!!

it was fuse # 17 . the filament was broken but not burnt. had to do a continuity check to fine it . My service manual was very helpful ,but patients is the biggest problem with wiring problems!! :D :D

Back