Very low volume on new stock radio cassette player

Betoglez

Hi,
Mi brother in law just sold his Explorer but kept the stock Radio Cassette Player. This unit model is newer than mine (stock also), however the conection slots on the back are the same. The main difference between the old and new model is that the new model no longer have the rounded knobs to adjust the BASS, TREBLE, BALANCE and FADE settings, you can do this by pressing the AUDIO button and see the adjustemts on the screen. (I tried to attach a picture but I'm not sure how to do it)

I installed it in my car and everything went fine until I tried to pump up the volume: It is sooooo low!!!

Am I missing something?

Thanks.
1993 TB LX Auto. Premium Sound.

Attachments

• newandold.jpg
    newandold.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 162
Que ondas Beto,

The problem you might be having is that the radio you put in was from a stock amplified stereo system. If so, the wires that you are using for the speaker leads are only providing signal for what RCA's would be for an aftermarket amp.

glez=Gonzalez??

Al

Asi es: Humberto González para ser exacto.

Gracias por la información, mejor le voy a regresar el estereo a mi cuñado.

Está chingón tu carro.

Gracias.

I'd second the amplifier issue... I remember years back having the same problem with trying to install a stock radio... must be an amplifier that you didn't carry over with the swap.

Could be that the amp turn on signal from the radio is not the right voltage.

I replaced my stock radio with one exactly like the one pictured and had the same problem. Found out that the amp turn on signal from the old stock radio was 12 Volts DC and the signal from the newer one was only 5 Volts DC so the stock amp was never turning on.

had same problem

i had a newer premium sound radio (just like the one pictured) and tried to put it in my 90 sc with premium sound but no volume only if i turned it all the way up did i hear anything but still low, so i put it in my 92 sc and it worked great so i switched radios. only thing i figured is that the amp wasn't correct for the radio in the 90.

Betoglez said:
Asi es: Humberto González para ser exacto.

Gracias por la información, mejor le voy a regresar el estereo a mi cuñado.

Está chingón tu carro.

Gracias.
Gracias por lo del carro. Hasta parientes vamos a salir alex glez pa servirte. Si tienes alguna otra pregunta, mi email y todo lo demas esta en mi profile.

Al

Back