Stalling

TBirdBrian95

My 95 SC seems to be stalling after go back to it within 30-45 min, from shutting it off. I have to keep giving it gas to keep the RPM's up then after a min. or 2 it's fine.

Hello TBirdBrian95. What you are experiencing is a common problem, and not harmful. Some believe its vapor lock, others believe its a sensor issue, and still others relate it to the DIS module.

I can say that just recently someone successfully eliminated it here by relocating their DIS, implying that the heat of the engine causes a temporary malfuntion in this ignition unit.

Basically, just wait a few minutes when this happens & then it will be fine, like you've done. You could check the condition of the dielectric grease under your DIS module if you want..

Digitalchaos said:
Hello TBirdBrian95. What you are experiencing is a common problem, and not harmful. Some believe its vapor lock, others believe its a sensor issue, and still others relate it to the DIS module.

I can say that just recently someone successfully eliminated it here by relocating their DIS, implying that the heat of the engine causes a temporary malfuntion in this ignition unit.

Basically, just wait a few minutes when this happens & then it will be fine, like you've done. You could check the condition of the dielectric grease under your DIS module if you want..
I was advised the same by my mechanic since I have the same problem with my T-Bird.
Unfortunately, It's very unpleasant feeling when your car starts misbehaving on a highway and there is a trailer right behind you :(

I am having this problem as well... the car just runs really rough when its started while the engine is warm - takes a minute or two to even out the idle...

I dont think its the DIS, as the 94/95 is mounted on the fender on the pass side.. well away from most heat I would think......

Brad94SC said:
I am having this problem as well... the car just runs really rough when its started while the engine is warm - takes a minute or two to even out the idle...

I dont think its the DIS, as the 94/95 is mounted on the fender on the pass side.. well away from most heat I would think......
Brad, I'm going to replace mine soon. I'll let you know how it'll work out! ;)

Stalling fix.

Try cleaning out the IAC valve with some brake cleaner. My 95 Explorer with the 4.0L does the same thing. Clean out the IAC and it starts and doesn't stall. It seems to build up carbon on the valve itself and it sometimes gets a little stuck when it gets hot. Especially if it is an older IAC or worse, the original with over 100,00 miles on it.

TBirdBrian95 said:
My 95 SC seems to be stalling after go back to it within 30-45 min, from shutting it off. I have to keep giving it gas to keep the RPM's up then after a min. or 2 it's fine.
It also can be a cam sensor. really, I was very frastrated when I found it out. You know, after changing TPS for 150$$, after spending 112 bucks in Ford Stealership for diagnosting my car, then 300 bucks for changing crank sensor (which I was advised to change in Dealership), then after experimenting with 4 different DIS modules and different heat-sink compounds I had the same problem again. AND then I decided to change my cam sensor, just in case! It worked, it solved my problem. The frustrating part is I spent so much money on fixing this issue and all it was bad sensor, that I bought on ebay for 4.95 plus shipping :mad: At least, my car is running fine now. ;)
Change your cam sensor!

Back