Morana Windage Tray/Stud Girdle

plev72

Hey all, not certain that this is a tech question, but anywho. I see that Morana has a "Stud Girdle/Windage Tray" combo piece for $65 (could have sworn it was $60 two day ago, but anyway...) is it worth the $65 + shipping to add this to my '94 SC or could the money be better spent elsewhere? Is it actually going to do anything for me that the stock unit doesn't?

Thanks,
Paul

94 - 95 SC motors had a windage tray factory installed ... so unless you're rebuilding the motor and feel the need for main cap studs, not much point.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

I have the SC windage tray and Morana stud girle on my SC motor, the windage tray needed to be reshaped to fit, Morana may have fixed this problem now though, mine was one of the first combo's, Bill McNiel also has this combo on his, we got ours at the same time. The Main caps on the block need to be shaved to allow the girdle to fit properly, as well as so the girdle clears the oil pan, thats the main concern with teh windage tray, it was hitting the oil pan, but like I said Morana may have fixed this by now.

SC%20windage%20tray%20and%20girdle.JPG

Thanks for the guidance... guess I'll stick with what I have for now... I'm finding more than enough ways to spend money I don't have as it is ;-)
Paul

Back