Is BHJ and Ford only source for HARMONIC BALANCER?

phils89sc

I am quite tight in the bill fold and this broken harmonic balance did not help out anything.

Is there another manufacturer of harmonic balancers for our SC's other than Ford (junk) and BHJ?

I want to never have this problem again!!

Thanks

Phil

Holy crap, you're lucky to even have one other choice, just buy one. Hell the Ford one lasted you 230K, go get another and shut up. LOL

Vernon

i dont blame if youdont wanna go ford (junk) go with the bhj it worth it i have one paid 350$ thisis something you dont want happen again

Crazy solution

I recently bought the 150 dollar autozone balancer and the one they give you is has an external balancer which implies it's really for the reg. V6 but I was also tight on cash so I took it with my crank pulley dowm to a local machine shop to get both items zero balanced ($100) that's $250 total and if it ever breaks again you can just buy the BHJ and at least not have to worry about balancing the pulley again...

Will it work?

Would there be any problems if I bought a cheap autozone balancer (reg. V6) and had it machined to be zero balance as well as the crank pulley...
I read something about removing the old pins from the balancer and installing them into the new zero balanced harmonic balancer, but wouldn't this throw it of zero balance? Thanks Guys!

Get the balancer/dampner at online ford store for $150:

Choose year and model, pick mechanical catalog, engine, crankshaft, vibration dampner, then select the SC version for $153

Ford parts cheap store

Also fordpartnetwork has it for $160link

I don't know if you can trust those prices anymore in the post above. I tried ordering it myself at a few of those online parts places for that price and they all came back with "oops! sorry, the price is now $265, not our fault it is listed wrong..." I think they could be gotten that cheaply last year, but in Jan. they increased the prices.

Pretty annoying when you look up a price and see it's in your budget, only to find out later uh-uh. I'm surprised they didn't change the price to the correct one since I complained about almost two monts ago! :mad:

Back