Power Antenna Adjustment

plev72

Hey all, I understand that it is possible to adjust the power antennas? I just installed an '89 power antenna to replace the one that was no longer working on my '94 SC. The Antenna raises and lowers correctly, but when it gets to the bottom I can hear the motor continue to whirrr even though there is no where else for it to go. Is there anyway to adjust so that the motor doesn't get burned out? (it was a hassle finding a replacement antenna the first time around, don't feel like doing it a second!)

Paul

hey Paul, Isn't the ant. the least of your problems? Did you not feel like working under the hood but felt you should be doing something? Just kiddin. I just watch my ant. when it's up I stop, when I see it's down I stop.

That was about it actually Rich, couldn't actually get the supercharger and what not off, so I figured I'd do something useful in the meantime... it was either the antenna or the rear air bags... and I knew I could do the antenna fairly quickly.

You have a manual power antenna (push the button), the later model cars have an automatic antenna, it goes up and down automatically when either you turn on or off the radio, or when you switch to the AM/FM tuner (from off/cd/cassette).

Paul

Back