detonation/knocking issues

tbird91sc

hi all - i searched around and could not find my answers but if they are out there somewhere my apologies for being redundant.

i am getting a pretty bad knock when the boost is around 11/12+ psi. my motor is a 91 and is reasonably modified with headers and complementary exhaust, magnaported 94/95 supercharger w/ 5% pulley, 42 lbs injectors, roller rockers, 75 mm tb and 76 mm maf and a few other goodies. it was an auto and i swapped it out with a 94/95 sc trans while maintaining the 91 auto computer.

these are my questions

1. all the sensors give good codes - but - is the knock sensor like a oil pressure sending unit that works but may not be up to its fullest potential or is it the kind that works or it doesnt. so could that be the culprit.

2. fuel - the best gas i can get is 91 so do i need to add some sort of booster -or - am i in some sort of fuel starvation mold - i put in a 190 fuel pump - did i screw up and should of put in a 255 - what about a pressure regulator

3. timing - can i adjust it out or because of the computer - it is what it is

4. pulley - should i go back to a stock pully (94-95) - these seems like the least likely issue but i am laying all the options out on the table

any and all help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

jim

Back