Egr

catwithboost

I remove my EGR a while back and got rid of it.Now Im putting a new one on and can not figure out were the 3 vaccum lines go and come from.First one EGR down tube,Second one top of EGR,Third one EGR sensor.Anyone out there willyou look at your and tell me?It's a 89.

Its a closed system, so I don't think it matters where they go as long as you plug everything up to vacuum. If you leave anything open, the car won't run right because that would be an air leak and you would get detonation or rough idle or something. Did you have the SC off to disable the egr? I ask b/c the 1 under the transducer is the hardest 1 to get right and you have to use a silicone rubber hose for it. good luck

egr

Yes I pulled the sc when I did it.I see that it looks like the sensor plugs into the down tube but do not remember were the one on top of the egr goes?

There is a 7" silicone hose that comes from the EGR metal pipe and goes to the bottom of the EGR Transducer (a little gray box behind the SC and partly covered by the cowl). Its a pain to get to no matter what, Ford charged me $50.CDN for a new hose.
Here are a couple of pics.

EGRTransducerW.jpg

EGR_Assembly.gif

EGRHoseW.jpg

That Top just has the a wider opening to the IC tube, it just looks bigger b/c I didn't paint it silver. But it works well.
Thanks

Great, with that 1 missing, you should have been getting a lot of detonaton. I had to redo that hose 3 times until I used the proper silicone hose. Regular hose burns up after about 20 miles.
Glad it worked.

Back