PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want to buy me 89 SC? I can't stand it!!!!

phils89sc
03-31-2003, 06:50 PM
I have just about had it with these cars!! I have missed more work not because the problems I have had were difficult and major problems, but that the car is just too damn hard to work on and get to things!! So I have decided that once I get by Harmonic Balancer Job finished and putting the timing cover back on with the new timing chain, I am going to sell it!! I hate to, but I have too much complication in my life to deal with the headaches these hard to work on cars give me. I know that they were never made to be wrenched on while the engine is still in the car, that was obvious.

The only mods I have done are a 70mm MAF and removed the air silencer. It runs good, and after I get it back together, it will have a brand new timing chain, a new snout seal in the supercharger, and probably exhaust. Oh yeah, I am also doing a 11.5" Mark VIII front brake upgrade as well. You might think that why bother doing all of that if you are going to sell it? Answer, I don't want to sell a piece of sh*& to anyone. I do take care of my cars, but this road is all uphill, with Fomoco at the top rolling down huge boulders and obstacles to get in my way.

Thanks for the vent!!

Phil

J57ltr
03-31-2003, 07:29 PM
It's probably for the best. If you want a daily driver donít buy a teenager. Or if you want to drive a older car buy 2, that way when one is down you still have the other to drive. I have said this till Iím blue in the face These cars are getting old and they will require lots of maintenance. If I didnít live 203 feet from work and have 2 other cars besides my SC I would not own an SC. I would suggest that you sell the parts you have. You will not get your money out of the parts on the car. Good luck.

Jeff

GONE14S
03-31-2003, 08:43 PM
I agree with Jeff,
Sell the parts off the car. All your doing is giving modds awy free if you put them on and sell the car.

:rolleyes: Kurt Sr