PDA

View Full Version : 89 SC again....

MysticGohan51
03-31-2003, 07:51 PM
ok.....got the fan fixed.....finally.....was a stupid part but i wanna say thanks to everyone that has helped me....now.....another little problem.....when i start the car it dies right away.....starts...dies...starts...dies.....i think you get the hint...when i step on the gas a bit it chugs but stays running and as soon i i let go it dies.....now i was putting back together the air filter and there is a mass air flow sensor i think its called that has 2 little bolts holding it on...there are 4 little aluminum pieces on the bottom of it with a little piece of aluminum that connects 2 together to make one....well i broke the rod that goes between the 2...i hope you guys understand what im talking about...the reason i brought this up is because im not sure if that is the problem but i just wanted to say what i did to the vehicle.....thanks for your time.....

MysticGohan51
04-01-2003, 12:36 AM
Nobody knows?????

Mike8675309
04-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Below is a picture of what your MAF should be looking like.

Try and type slowly and in full sentences what exactly you are talking about. I'm not seeing any rods in the picture.

http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/7.jpg

Superloop
04-01-2003, 04:53 PM
That doesn't look like a maf sensor, and yes if you broke the maf sensor it woulnd run right.
The maf sensor is the black square looking thing close to the air filter.
That thing in the picture looks like the equipment that makes the air that goes to the maf non turbulent. ????? is that right??? I just made it up:D

MysticGohan51
04-01-2003, 05:30 PM
lol mike..ok....and superloop got it right....im not looking for where the air flows through.....i am talking about the black rectangular piece that goes on top of that...i broke one of the little rods on that...its the piece that attaches to the top of the pic you sent me mike...

Mike8675309
04-01-2003, 05:30 PM
That is the maf sensor housing that the maf sensor bolts to. It looks like it might be missing in the picture, but it bolts to the top using torx security screws.

It is from an 89 t-bird which has only a 55mm opening.

pastera
04-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by MysticGohan51
lol mike..ok....and superloop got it right....im not looking for where the air flows through.....i am talking about the black rectangular piece that goes on top of that...i broke one of the little rods on that...its the piece that attaches to the top of the pic you sent me mike...
The black piece on top is the electronics, so if you broke one of the contact pins you are SOL. Time to go out and find a 70mm unit. :( :(
Aaron

rivlee
04-01-2003, 06:16 PM
You don't need the MAF body, just the sensor, the black topped module that screws on the body. Don't have a manual here, maybe someone else can give you a part #.

pastera
04-02-2003, 12:27 PM
It's much cheaper to pick up a used 70mm from a Mark VIII or newer bird. The transfer curve is the same so you don't need to worry about the computer.
Why pay $70 for a rebuilt 55mm when you can pick up a junkyard 70mm for $35?
Aaron