PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Lowering Springs.

layinthesmack31
03-31-2003, 07:53 PM
Hey guys
I just got my lowering springs today and i was wondering how hard these are to put on and what needs to be done? i got a quote of 200 from a local shop and i was wondering if i could possible do them myself or at least do the front or back depending on which is easier. Please any help on this would be greatly appreciated as always. i have never done springs before and i was just curious if i should just pay the 200 or possible do part myself and pay for the rest. well thanks again
Matt

Slysc
03-31-2003, 09:43 PM
You will need to buy/rent a strut compressor tool. With that you will be able to get the old springs out and the new ones in. The rest is just a matter of taking apart the suspension and putting it back together with new springs.

layinthesmack31
03-31-2003, 09:59 PM
is there any way to explain to me how to do that? like i said i have never done springs before and am not exactly sure what i have to do. thanks
Matt

Mike8675309
03-31-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by layinthesmack31
is there any way to explain to me how to do that?
Matt

I don't know if will explain it to you :D but one of the great Super Coupe resources www.mn12performance.com has a good write up on the lowering spring conversion for the Thunderbird. Click the link below to see if it is enough for you:

http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/springs/lowering_springs.htm

Thrty5thSC
04-01-2003, 12:25 AM
i took the struts off the car and brought them to a local shop to change the springs, then i just put them on. i would try to get some new sruts and put your new springs on those. that should make for an easy job.
joe

layinthesmack31
04-01-2003, 12:49 AM
cool
thanks for all the help guys :) i really appreciate it
Matt

AsScLoWn
04-01-2003, 01:34 AM
make sure you align the front and back tires after and get the before(just so you can see what they did, if they dont have a fit) and after specs when they adjust it.