Another SC just died

bigg_boyys_SC

Well about 10 weeks ago, my head gaskets went. After dumping $400 into gaskets, bolts and profesional work into it, it lived again. Then 2 weeks later it lost some power and started to tick, then squeel and knock. Oil pressure drops with the knock when it's warm. It doesn't knock at idle when its cool, but it does lifter tap on one lifter. I'm going to rebuild this thing, but I'm not going to do it stock. I want to get a 5,500-5,700 RPM shift point. It's going to get a re-ground cam, and a balanced bottom end. Any suggestions for the heads. I was thinking stronger springs and some porting. If any one has any thoughts please let me know. I have some really good machine shops in the area, but they have no experence with these cars. Thanks agian, Biggin'

Have fun, sounds like you spun a bearing. Take a look at the damage b4 you run off at the wallet with forged pistons, Front mount intercoolers and the like.

Jeff

If it is that bad the crank may be toast. These motors don't like much being cut off the journals. I've heard that even .020 is dangerous.

Otherwise I see no problems. Your goals are realistic.

Back