vaccum hose in bypass valve disconnected = boost?

turbospeed

since i got my sc i been havings this problem, if i disconnect my bypass valve vaccum hose i will get boost and the car fells fast
but if i connect it like it should car wont boost and feel totally slow here are some pics to illustrate
bypass2.jpg

bypass.jpg

if you cant see the pic check in my page theyre at the bottom

http://www.geocities.com/turbospeedsc2000/

The butterfly is probably sticky. The bypass valve opens and closes exactly likr the throttle body. When the vacuum is high the valve is open when vacuum is low (at 0 on the gauge) the valve is closed. Try reving the engine with the hood open and watch the valve it should close rapidly if it doesn't remove the tube (it's a bitch) and spray some WD-40 or sim at the shaft.

Jeff

Put someone else's car pic into your webpage but not mine!!!
If you dont have any pics ask for them, dont "steal" them... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes this is... This has nothing to do with it.
But everyone doesn't like that their car is on someone elses webpage and is "claimed" to be he's car. The guy has not informed me about the pic in any way, he has just taken it.
I would give the pics of my car to anyone's webpage if they ask permission for that, otherwise I'm very much against this kind of action....

Look at it this way.

"Plagerism is the sincerest form of compliment."

ANYTHING that is put on the web can and will be used by others. That's just the facts of life. Getting upset about it just hurts you.

So relax and accept the fact that your efforts have helped others. ;)

By the way your hose runs toward the driver side, it looks, like you have that little boost control solenoid thingy. It should be a small box with two vacuum lines and an electrical connector. One vacuum line goes to the bypass actuator you have pictured. I think the other goes to the supercharger inlet plenum.

The later SC's ditched this box and connected the bypass valve actuator directly to the inlet plenum between the throttle body, and back of the supercharger. This might be a way to fix yours.

The way it works is when the throttle plate is closed there is vacuum behind it as the engine tries to pull air in. This vacuum pulls the bypass valve open. When you hit the gas, there is no vacuum as the throttle opens up to allow as much air as necessary in. When there is no vacuum to hold the bypass open, a spring pulls it closed so the supercharger can build boost.

For some reason your car is maintaining vacuum on the bypass actuator, even when the throttle is open. Either the vacuum source isn't in the right place (between the T.B. and S.C.) or the electronic box is malfuctioning.

This is of course assuming you bypass is moving easilly, it may be sticky as Jeff mentioned.

jpaitala

Isn't that a picture of Onequicksc's car under your name?

Did he claim that it was his car?

If you put pictures on the internet they are free for the taking. I constantly copy others peoples pics to my hard drive for future reference, and to help out others. I really don't see what the deal is. Are you some artsy fartsy photographer where pictures are your "art" and only means of support? Let it go it's really not anything to get worked up about. Why didn't you just contact the guy using a private message and ask him unstead of calling him out on the board and jacking this thread. There are a bunch of guys that will need info like this, because it happens all the time.

Jeff

That's not onequiksc's car under my name, it's mine. Check my website and you'll find that exact same pic from there (only bigger).
This is the pic under my name:
kylki.jpg

Let's stop this thread now...
I certainly dont understand your point of view and you dont understand mine, so let it be then.

i already apologized and its removed , just for the record i never climed the car was mine , i just used it as an example ,and didnt knew who's the owner of the car was....

hey andy94 can you explain me how to connect it directly?? thanks in advance

Only 89’s had the boost sol. From my understanding. My 89’ has it and my 90 doesn’t.

Jeff

Its not OneQuickSC's

Thats not Dan's car his is MUCH MUCH cleaner, and way more depth to the paint. I want to be like Dan. Oh and if we're going to bitch about taking someone's pic, I have a Box of Midol and some Tampax for them.

Basicly if you post a picture in public it becomes public. Just as if you walk from your yard onto the side walk you, your picture can be taken and used without your permission. Or if your kids are on a playground their picture can be taken and used for the paper or whatever. The point is, that if you or your car is in a public place then its picture can be taken without having your say so.

You may want to also check the bypass valve itself, sometimes the rubber breaks and won't hold a vacuum, then your bypass doesn't work AND you have a vacuum leak.

Basicly if you post a picture in public it becomes public.
This is completely false! From the instant you take the picture, it's automatically copyright by you. You can put it online, or display it in an art gallery, or tape it to your butt, it's still copyright. You don't have to register it with the US Copyright Office, although if you do you can seek much higher damages for infringement. That said, I doubt anyone here would be too worried about use of a picture of their car, but aside from the law it's also a matter of courtesy to ask before using their picture.

jpaitala,

Don't get so bent out of shape about people using a picture you took. I took this picture of my new engine last year.

neibert1sm.jpg

Check out the engine picture near the bottom of this guys page.

http://www.geocities.com/yyc_tbird_sc/rebuild_plan.html

It's no big deal, and actually I'm sorta flattered.

I copied this firing order / plug location picture that Lance Morgan posted a couple months ago. I've used it several times since then to help other people. I didn't ask Lance if it was okay...I just assumed he wouldn't mind since I was helping someone else. Some times I mention I got the picture from him, and sometimes I don't.

http://members.tccoa.com/dneibert/PlugandWireLayout.jpg

David

Last edited:
Back