Electric fan not coming on

Edman1000

DAMN CAR! Running hot, Of course I hav'nt had a chance to hook up the real temp gauge yet and am just going of the stock piece of crap.

She heats up and keeps heating up....and keeps .... even on the highway she don't like to cool back down. If I turn on the ac and put it on warm, it'll come back down with the low speed of the (radiator) fan on. When she gets hot, it'll keep heating up and the High speed fan does kick on at all, but like I said above it works on ac so I know the fan is good. I replaced the temp switch twice.

Questions:

Which wire do I cut and put a manual switch in so the Check engine light won't come on.

Where can I get a thermostat with the "waste Gate" in it and what is the difference between it and a store bought.

Why the F?@# do these cars run so hot!!

Oh yeah, by the way The mustang tranny worked great!

You are probably low on coolant. These cars don't run hot if you have everything in order. Start with the basics. Check the overflow, if it has a crack in it replace it of fix it. If you have changed coolant, are low on coolant or anything that causes you to lose some coolant 9 times out of 10 it's because you have an air pocket insulating the thermostat.

If you turn on the AC does the Fan come on? If it does then the coolant temp sensor might be bad (the one for the EEC not the gauge). Chances are that you are low though.

Jeff

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20781

Last edited:
get a robert shaw 180 t-stat. my car used to run at the r or m on the factory guage,then i put in the shaw 180 and it stays on the n now.
get one at supercoupeperformance.com or autozone i think.
good luck
joe

Back