It finally happened

al35thsc

Well, I knew it would have to happen one day and yesterday was the day. I was thinking about my latest expenses and all the time work and money (especially money) that I spent on my 35th and it hit me like a rock. The car is not realiable, the paint is nasty, I have more squeaks and rattles than I can shake a stick at the motor has popped more times than popcorn at the theaters and after some radiator work this weekend it is STILL running hotter than what I want it to. So I was searching auto trader and found a good deal on a Ford Ranger.

Click Here for the Ad I called the dealership and they made me a good offer. It's a low miler with working AC. Plus the truck is a 4X4, so it lets me pursue a different kind of vehicle recreation besides hitting the track. It is already customized to my likings and it has the 4.0 liter V6 (which they sell a blower kit for). So in escence I have had it with the 35th and it is going to get traded in. I wouldnt sell it to any one on SCCoA for fear that it would break down on them and my reputation is dragged through the mud.

The mods will be advertised for sale on the Calssfieds in a bit, but I'll give you guys special deals if you want any of it. I'm still a true SCer at heart and I'll still go to the track and hang out with you guys and even offer to tow any of you if you guys break.

I'm going to take the SC for one more spin today and I will go trade it in early tomorrow.

Its been fun guys!

Al

Yeah I did that. I think the problem is that the thermostat is too low of a range (160º) and the water is circulating too fast for the fan to cool it. I have the low speed moving full time but in the freeway, the water doesnt stay in the radiator long enough. I just don't want to deal with it any more.

Al

Try it again. I wrestled with mine for about 4 months b4 I figured out a system. If not best of luck.

Jeff

The deal I got on that Ranger is too good to pass up. Also, my budget doesnt allow for maintenance and i need a reliable daily driver. I wressled this thing for too damned long already.

Al

Al,
According to KBB, the trade in value of your car is $855! Why not keep it and buy the Ranger too? Or this is a good April fools trick! Either way, answer your phone later when I call around 3PM.

Mike

al,
Another thing, are you going to remove ALL of the mods and trade it in early tomorrow as you stated? Interesting!

Mike

It finally happened?

Hey Al, you being for real or is this one of these:

So a friend of my mom's went to france recently on vacation. She was in a bar in Paris and some french guys started to harass her because she was an American. Well after they talk all their **** like some little french *** do, she asked them one question... "Do you speak German?" they looked at each other and replied "No" and she smiled and says "you're welcome, now **** off!"

Val

Mod's?

What mod's? Oh yeah, that's right the white SC's under the hood. Are you going to scrape them off? Wouldn't be worth much if you can't get them off in one piece. :p

If this ISN'T April Fools, and I hope it is, let's talk wheels. ;)

Lee

Just removing the intake and maf, the wires, after market stereo, speakers, woofers, tweeters and amplifiers, the seat covers, my aftermarket pedals, and my cool blue interior light bulbs. I am leaving in the injectors, the mufflers, the ported exhaust manifolds and the shift kit just cuz its not feasible to remove them. I can do all of that in one day and still have all the old parts here at home to put in.

I cant afford insurance on both cars either, its one or another and I'm going with the Ranger. Less gas, I dont need to buy premium, and I have a lot of "trunk" room.

Al

PS Mike, sorry I missed your call, I left the phone in my cubicle and was outside working on the paper cutter.

Lee,

I thought about you and the wheels. We can work something out if you want to stop by my house and let me have your old aluminum ones or those look a like ones but they have to have rubber on them.

Al

Re: It finally happened?

Valentino said:
Hey Al, you being for real or is this one of these:

So a friend of my mom's went to france recently on vacation. She was in a bar in Paris and some french guys started to harass her because she was an American. Well after they talk all their **** like some little french *** do, she asked them one question... "Do you speak German?" they looked at each other and replied "No" and she smiled and says "you're welcome, now **** off!"

Val

HAHA, no way Val, that was Scott AKA Shanksta's story from when his mom went to France. Totally not the same as me getting rid of the heap of rust with the 35th badges.

Al

u finally

sound like u knocked some sense into u
lol

too bad it will probably end as an April Fools joke.:p

Ok Lore, I understand english, spanish, and even some italian...but whatever u said, it didnt make sense...

Al :^P

That's Chevy speak for...

"You finally banged your head hard enough against the wall to let some light in." :D

BTW: Does this mean we're gonna have a chapter tow vehicle? :p

Last edited:
Ya see Al!

That's where us old farts have the advantage. We can translate Chevy and Female simultaneously! :p

Ah so, Lee u are my new sensai
worshippy.gif

Al

So I drank some coffee slapped myself a couple of times and decided to let you guys in on this:
april%20fools.jpg

April Fools Everyone....like I'd sell my baby PLEASE!!!

Al

Back