premiem sound

daviddddd

I recently installed a new stereo head unit and installed the amplifier bypass wiring. How do I get the subwoofer to work with the amplifier out of the loop.Thanks!

RE:Sound System

What kind of by-pass wiring did you use? The one that plugs into the radio harness (at the deck) or the one that you have to run new wires to the back of the car? If it's the latter...your sub will not work anymore unless hooked to an amp.

If it's just the plug in style harness (at the deck), check your amp trigger wires...blue (normally Ant. wire) Blue/White (amp turn on). On some aftermarket headunits, the Blue wire turns off when you turn the CD or Tape on (basically it only works when using the tuner). The Blue/White will work on any source.

Rino

I used a black plug with 8 wires that plugs from the deck to the harness from the car. Then there is a second harness that plugs into the wires going into the amp and the wires leaving the amp- bypassing the amp. I understand the sub is triggered by the main amp. I can't even find the sub. On the rear deck inside the trunk the main amp is on the passenger side with wires coming in and going out- thats pretty straight forward. Then, on the drivers side is a smaller plastic unit, maybe 3"x3"x1" with 1 set of wires going in- none coming out. I looked around for the sub-in the trunk, under the seats (front and rear) behind the matting in the rear fenderwells- maybe I don't have a sub. Does any of this make any sence to you?

I do believe the sub should be on the pass side under the rear partial shelf in the trunk. Look for a big black ABS plastic enclosed style box...it's big and hangs down past the black tray that holds the amp and ABS stuff.

Guess you may not have one...ah well, just meens you can go shopping for some cool new toys!

If your looking to keep everything stock...put a post on this site for one...someone will have an extra one kicking around somewhere.

P.S. they can be somewhat of a pain to install...push this, bend that, pinch finger etc.

Rin:D

i would just go down to a stereo place and buy a 10" sub in a q-logic box and a good amp to match it + a amplifier install kit

as long as you have rca preout's on the deck this is what i would do

the stock sub blows after a short while anyway

Back