Its time to retire the cougar

ShawnSC1

I have just found out that I have presure in the block. Which means I have worn pistion rings or even a scored pistion. One of the two. This is my thrid motor within two years. I can't understand why, but maybe I should of just bought a rebuilt. Well I guess I have learned from my mistakes.

Anyways I like to thank everone who has helped me in that past.
You all were a great help when I needed it. I can still help any of you if needed..

Now what am I going to do. Well two things.
1. I might run the cougar until the motor dies. Then scrap it.
2. Or I could sell the cougar as is and all the spare parts.

I don't know what to do. Well what do you guys think would be my best bet to do here.

sorry to hear that Shawn not sure what to say to you other than I hope you can find a way to keep the Cougar running or sell it to someone who can restore it rather than scrapping it.

best of luck

Shawn, 1st, I would like say, that now I can give you back the fan wire and vise grips. J/K, I could not resist that.

Anyway, really too bad. Iknow that you have enjoyed that car. I would say sell it for what you can get for it. The car is good shape, too good to scrap.

You still want a fish tank? My old man was aking about you this week.

Ryan that would be great if I can get that stuff back LOL!

Ya you are right about the shape its in. But who would want to buy it.

I really want to get a rebuilt from ford or the guy that built Bill's motor. But the girl friend is sick of putting money into it. Which I don't blame her. The money we put into this cougar. We could of bought a nice mustang 5.0. Oh well if I sell it and that parts I will post it.

Shawn,

Sorry to here this buddy. I can imagine how much money you and your gf have had to pour into, just to see it have problems once again. These cars can certainly be disheartening at times, and at some point you have to move forward, or cut your losses. At times, I've considered the latter of the two.

Obviously, we all hope you decide to keep it.

Bill

Yes I would love to keep the cougar. But I have had two many problemes with these motors.

When I do sell the cougar I might go with the Tauras SHO or a Mustang 5.0. H.O.

Back