Chapter Banner

RonzSC

One time in the early days, John Shelton and I were at Irwindale and I saw these guys with a car club banner on some tables. They had some flyers and brochures and wearing apparrel set out also on the tables.
Well, I thought this was really cool and they obviously had things worked-out.
Do we eventually want to set something like this up for our meets? I am going to talk to this guy, Thomas Sinclair, to see how much it would be to make a banner for our club.
Can you grahpic artist types be working on a design for a banner. I am thinking it would be made onto a canvas material and about 6-8 ft long. I think Carlos had some great ideas for handouts for the tabletops and Matt had some good thoughts on the businezz cards.

6 or 8 FT? Start small, then go BIG!

You know me, if it's graphics, I like to play. :D

I'm preparing to teach a technical course next week - putting together tech manuals and CD's is pretty time consuming - but let me know what you guys want on it and I'll put a couple of proto's together. If anybody wants graphics I've got for their ideas, just let me know.

Lee

Last edited:
Here's a start.

I've got this currently @ 36" X 6".

Attachments

• sccoscbanner1s.jpg
    sccoscbanner1s.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 123
Lee, in a banner, you'd need the backround layer to be white... let me mock one up, and if you have photoshop, i'll send you the PSP file, with all the layers and channels. My friends parent's own a print shop here in town, and next time i see them, i will see how much i can get a banner for. what size are we talking here? NORMAL banner size is 22"x 6" we can pretty much vary this however we want, but most people reccomend either 22" tall, but no more than 30.

Ron's talking 6-8 foot.

I just went 1/2 that for an example. The background color, as I'm sure you know, is just a mouse click. ;) And resizing just a couple of clicks.

Hey, my favorite color's blue, what can I tell ya. :p

I use Corel (more user freindly) but can export just about anything, including Adobe. I haven't used that since 3.0 but Corel does a pretty good export, including levels and objects.

What do you think about this first draft, and what would you like to see?

Lee, that's an awesome base. But think of it this way. for each color used, add another 1/3 the cost to the total... that'll give you a baseline. the simpler (sp?), the better. I think it'd be sufficient with just the bird, and the title at the top, less the two oval's. the more detail, the more screening they have to do. hey, by the way, the printer i know, uses adobe elements, so if you would, can you export me a copy into adobe format, and mail it to mylamborfeeties@aol.com? =) thanks lee

Great input

The size was totally arbitrary. I figured that it should be the size of a long table that we would set-up with our club stuff and other handouts. Pictures of our cars, decals and organizational stuff....like how to join and the Year's schedule of meets.
good job Lee!

DO ONE IN DARK BLUE FOR A BACKGROUND....JUST FOR KICKS.

Give us the estimate Matt. Also what materials they would use.

Isent it to Matt

with no background and just the text & big silver emblem @ the 22X6 he requsted.

Is this what you're looking for Ron?

Attachments

• sccoscbanner1db.jpg
    sccoscbanner1db.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 99
No.....

It's just not PERFECTLY symetrical. ;)

If you REALLY want it symetrical, can do. (?)

Lee

Last edited:
Gang,

I was once the President of a school organization (SHESS) and we ahd a banner made. Basically we picked one logo, and some text with our acroym and name spelled out, also our school.

Basically its a piece of canvas, your choice with some vynil sticker type letters and a vynil sticker logo. Pretty cheap. Questions:

1. Who will keep the banner (a person who makes all the meets or can send the banner over to someone should they know in advance that they will not attend)?

2. How will we set up the funding for it, who do we send the $ to?

3. In case of accidental ingestion, should I induce vomiting or call a physician? :confused:

Al

Looks FRIGGIN Nice, 'cept the bird is lopsided!

Geesh! Everybody's being Soooo picky!

First it wasn't lopsided, it was just tilted -0.6 degree. Fixed! ;)

Now:

1. The only place we've got to mount a banner is that funky tent that Ron has.

2. Find out how much the banner we decide on is gonna cost. Then ask for contributions and see if there's enough to buy it.

3. Using a sharp hunting knife, open the offending "container" and rescue the banner. Then re-close the "container" using a #3 needle and 32 AWG single strand wire. :D

Lee

Attachments

• sccoscbanner1dbs.jpg
    sccoscbanner1dbs.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 106
You say potato, I say lopsided :D That first birds left wing is about a 1/4 inch longer than the right wing. Other than that, Me likey velly mash.

Al

Lee

Can you integrate the business card info that Matt had on his submittal? You know, the Web address. Possibly instead of one of the blue ovals.

I agree Lee, let's get all the information and decide if it is affordable and if we want to go ahead.

Who is first in line to get their SCCoSC tattoo

What good's that gonna do?

Nobody wants to see your bony arse. :p

Next iteration:

Attachments

• sccoscbannernet.jpg
    sccoscbannernet.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 78
Okay, here's the deal. The cheapest i've found so far is $69.99 for a 2'x6' TWO COLOR, white backround, with brass, gold-colored, or silver hook thingies... any more than two colors, boosts it up to $99.99, and $20 a color after that. he said that the detail in it also plays a big part, in any sign making. He can do the bird emblem, and whatever text we want. is this cool? or should we abandon this idea?

Back