PDA

View Full Version : G-techs

livn
04-02-2003, 02:08 AM
My brother gave me a gtech he had from his old supercharged dakota r/t, but theres no manual and i dont know how to work it. anyone knowledgeable know how to measure g forces, hp, 0-60 and 1/4 on these things

1BADSC
04-02-2003, 06:13 PM
1. Plug it in.
2. Slide to 1/4 mile time position.
3. It will blink ACCEL or GFRCE,
4. Push the button in to select one of the two. Accel will give you 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. GFRCE will give you accel G's and Braking G's
5. Once you select one it will start reading out instant G Force settings.
6. When you are ready to test, stop the car and push the button the unit will start flashing GO-GO-GO-GO. Whenever your ready just take off. It will start timing as soon as you move. It will flash your 0-60 time when you hit 60 and if you slow back down to 30MPH right away it will save and display your 0-60. If you don't stop when it flashes your 0-60 time it will keep counting until you finish the 1/4. It will then display your 1/4 mile time and trap speed. Remeber that it is only as accurate as your settings. Make sure you are on flat level ground. Don't let people tell you that it is not accurate because mine was always accurate and 4 different people have used it and they have all said it was almost right on with their track times.

To get HP ratings
1. Slide the lever all the way to the left
2. Push button
3. Tilt the G-tech to increase the numbers until the weight of your car is displayed. (around 4100 lbs.) Then push the button again to stop the weight from counting up.
4. Place the G tech right under the rear view mirror (this is the flatest part of the window. Then look at it from the front of your car and make sure it is straight ahead.
5. Get back inside and tilt it up and down while attached to the glass until the read out says 0.0 this means that the unit is level and ready to use.