Oh So Happy!

DrewsSC

Ok, well I love my SC more than most things right now and I usually drive it pretty conservatively. Tonight though, my conscience took over and I had to get on it and I was damn impressed. If you choose to ring out 1st, 2nd just gets that much better!! Had to calm down around 80 or so when i was catchin up to traffic but it was fun while it lasted! How often do u guys really get on ur SC's?

Like I stole it

I have driven both of mine like I stole them. And I wonder why I get 200-250 miles out of a tank of fuel. I was DD a few weeks ago so I drove my roommates V6 2000 Mustang. I have never been so glad to get back into my car. If you own a car like this, you might as well enjoy it. Brandon

Shiny side up

I haven't had a problem keeping the shiny side up. But sometimes it does get a little bass ackwards... Brandon

Does a smoke show in reverse the wrong way down a one way street with cars parked on both sides count? :D

The only problem was the cop that step out from the constuction site that got me p1ssed in the first place - thank god for side streets.

I thought 250 per tank was normal :D

Aaron

It's not wheel hop - She's jumping for joy

A month or so ago I really got on it and found out that it can go 142mph in 4th...

But yah, usually I don't go above 100, lol

I'm so jelous of everybody. I haven't driven my t-bird for almost 4 months now, i don't have money to buy things here and there. when i do get my car back i would still keep it under 72 mph. I'm 17 and already got a small (less then 2 inch scrathc) vender bender. 1 speeding ticket. Photo speeding ticket, but under my dads insurance, so he just said he didn't know the person in the car. I also got another speeding ticket doing 90 in an m3. Last i recieved a racing ticket a week after i got my t-bird. My insurance doesn't like me. :) But i have learned my lesson on driving stupidly.

Lates

Actualy, the best gas milage I have ever gotten I was gettin it pretty hard. I got 28.5 mpg on a 350 mile trip. I averaged about 95 on the freeway and 85 on the back roads. Stop signs and passing were full throttle (always in the optimum gear). It made for a fun trip (and a record time).

-Steve

Our cars are truly amazing.

As I've stated elsewhere, from the factory, bone stock 5spd & AOD '90 SC's gave me a low of just under 17 to a high of 29. Considering this is a nearly 15 year old design has gotta make you take notice. :p

Having fun and takin' care of business to using it for business, my SC's have always made me very happy. :D

Last edited:
You probably got better mileage from turnign higher RPMS. By getting more revs you did not have to get into boost as often compared to driving 55-65. I always get the best mileage between 75-85. 31MPG in my auto.

I think that you are right. But I think that it is direectly related to the peak torque being about 2800 RPM's.

-Steve

Recently bought a 90 XR7 of David Daulk. Drove home 450 some odd miles with it. Filled the tank before I left Ohio. When I got back to philadelphia, I had 463 miles on the trip and 1/8 tank left. My 89 never gave me such good gas milage, 400 max on some driving back and forth from harrisburg.

Joe

BTW- Both 5-speeds.

Back