Got codes apoppin' 63 and 98. Whats gives?

tbirdboy

Driving Sunday when the CE light came on. Checked it out today (scanner)and it came back 63 and 98. 63 being the TPS and 98 being a Hard Fault. Bought a TPS from Pep Boys and installed it but to no avail. CE light still comes on when the throttle is closed but goes out when the throttle is open. Should've tested the TPS beforehand but since it was OE I thought It was time.

What should I be looking at here. Car starts and runs but sometimes bucks under acceleration. Not everytime but 2 out of 10 times I'd say. Thanks for any tips.

Code 98 puts the Engine Control Assembly computer into what some call the "limp home" mode. Default sensor values are used for the EEC system to attempt to keep the vehicle operating until it can be taken to a mechanic. This mode occurs when a major component or computer failure has occurred and the computer needs values to operate the vehicle well enough to drive. Do you still get any other codes besides the 98? Sounds like some component is out of range or faulty. Sorry I can't help more.

KOEO codes are 31
KOER codes are 63, and 98

The first one is an EGR code so maybe I need to start there but I just replaced the valve so not quite sure. Sometimes this car.....

Back