Can't believe i did this, need help fast

Killer SC

ok let me start by saying I am a complete moron!!!! ok i go out to take a pic of my new stereo, the batt dies in the camera i get pissed lock the door and go inside....stupid me I lock my keys in the car! so I go no problem I'll just get the spares, but nooooooooooooo like a dumbass I put the spares in my manual which was out the car for a while but not today! the spares are in the car...COOL!! so I once again go no problem let me just find the code for the door lock, but nooooooooo that is in the manual which is in the car ( i don' have it memorized cuz i have only had the car for 2 weeks) my parents have a caa membership but they have to be with the car for the people to come, so I have to wait for them to get home which is like 6!

so my question is this, can anyone use a vin # of the car to find out what the code is for the door look?

i so here is the vin# 1(or I)FABP64R6LH1(or I)69936

not sure whethers those are ones or I's, it's just a straight line.

in closing..I am an idiot

I wouldn't worry too much, its real common and easy to do.. lol.

The only thing that suprises me is something people don't usually think to do.. Call the cops & tell them you locked your keys in! They will come with a slim jim and open it right up.. no damage done & 5 mins max.

hmm..

In michigan, police are no longer able to carry slim jims and "unlock" your car doors anymore. They are also unable to carry jumper cables to "jump start" another car. Go figure. It took affect do to all the law suits and what nots.

lol that figures. The only other thing I can think of is to acquire a slimjim or similar device & try it yourself. Mabe the police station will still lend them out if they won't use it themselves.. otherwise a coathanger also works.

A call to a tow company will cost the same as membership in a auto club. Just call a club and tell them you want to join because you locked your keys in the car. Most will let you join and send the wrecker out at the same time.

Don't go off on your door with a coat hanger won't get you far and you'll get plenty of scratches on your window. A coat hanger is not quite stiff enough to get the job done right - you wouldn't put a $350 harmonic balancer on with a hammer would you?:D

Aaron

My AAA cost me <$70 for my wife and myself: very cheap insurance when you drive old cars.

AAA is the best! My membership costs around $75, this is for the "premium" membership where they will tow up to 100 miles, and use a flatbed if you request.
Last weekend my SC decided to spring a leak in the gas tank, I was 50 miles from home. I had a flatbed come out (late at night) and transport my car home. The tow guy said it would have cost about $350...

I ran a carfax on your car....no problems.
However there are three owners shown and the first owner listed is for the year 11/23/2000.
This is a 1990.
I only mention this because I'm interested in seeing how accurate the carfax website is. What happened between 1990 and 2000?

that code is only available from the original dealer that sold the vehicle I believe, you have to go there in person with the registration, they toss the files out after some time, or have them packed away.

Slim jim or shove a coat hanger wire between the window and seal if theres room and hit the unlock button, or use a stick if the sunroofs open

Around here they open the doors by prying the top corner. and sliding a long and heavy rod to push the unlock button. if the batteries are dead, then slim jim it.

TBirdDriver said:
I ran a carfax on your car....no problems.
However there are three owners shown and the first owner listed is for the year 11/23/2000.
This is a 1990.
I only mention this because I'm interested in seeing how accurate the carfax website is. What happened between 1990 and 2000?
haaha i wish I knew, the first owner was a some lady, then there was this other guy, and then keith clarke from these boards, he sold it to me.

and thx for the options guys, CAA came and 5 min later i had my keys back

ok now pop your trunk and pull the side carpeting out and on one side there's a little box w/ a radion anntena cord going to it
your code is printed on the box

i belive its the driver's side

So you got it open? I was going to suggest that since you were stuck juust start jacking with the keypad until it opens.

Jeff

if i was going to break into any car it would be a ford w/ keyless entry

pick the trunk lock then get the code :cool:

Actually the code is printed on a sticker on the right side trunk hinge. (IE. Look to the right when you open up the trunk)

One time I came across two little old ladies sitting in a brand new Lincoln Continental. Their alarm was going off, they had no clue as to what the code was, and there was a big crowd of people gathered around them. I watched for about a minute while some guy was trying to help them, he told them to pop the hood and he would cut the battery cable. That's when I stepped in and told him don't touch anything. I asked the old lady to pop her trunk
got the code off the trunk hinge, keyed it in and stopped the alarm. There was a big round of applause. I then showed her where the code was just in case she forgot it again.

Back