cruise control not disengaging

turbospeed

o=i used the cruise control for the first time in my sc today put it at 70mph and i had to brake and the car would kept accelerating it even went into boost i had to use the clutch so the car would stop accelerating and revs went up for a second until i turned it off form the steering wheel.

my conclusion is that the moron that removed the abs from the car also removed any wire that had to be with the brakes , because i also noticed that any of my brake ligths work.

do anyone has a wiring diagram ?? thanks

This is from my 89 auto so it may not be accurate.

The manual says the brake light switch shuts of the cruise control, so start looking there. My cruise control would not shut off when I first got my SC, but my brake lights didn't come on until I hammered the brakes either.

Up near the top of the brak pedal you will see what looks like a long black switch with a white button against the brake pedal. It should have a hose attached to the back of it. This is the vaccumn dump safety device for the cruise control. I would adjust that also.

Aaron

not sure if this is a help or not....but on my 90aod you gotta slow down about 10km from the cruise speed for it to disengage

Back