Pully Calculations

Super XR7

Inserted is a file that I have been working on to calculate various pully diameters to end up with a 110% over driven super charger. I took all meaurements with the belts installed and measured the OD on the smooth side of the belt, all except the water pump which I measure the pully only. Do these calculations look correct? They were created in Excel and saved as a delimited txt file

Attachments

• pully calculations (version 1).txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 262
Sorry can't open it. but this is what I have. You need to make all the measurments from the pulley itself. The water pump has no effect on the SC drive ratio, only the crank pulley small and large jackshaft pulley and the SC pulley.

Crank is 6.9909" Dia.
Small jackshaft 3.9789"
Large jackshaft 4.9338"

SC pulleys:

94-95 3.275"
89-93 3.135"
5%OD 2.935"
10%OD 2.850"

Drive ratios:

1.5248 LG to 95SC pulley
1.5737 LG to 89SC pulley
1.681 LG to 5% pulley
1.743 LG to 10% pulley

1.7569 SM to Crank pulley

LG is the larger pulley on the jackshaft
SM is the larger pulley on the jackshaft
They are 1:1 SM to C * LG to ? ratios to get final drive

Jeff

Last edited:
Delimited text looses all of the formulas behind the fields. Save it as a Excel 4 worksheet and post. Just about any spreadsheet software on Mac or PC can handle an Excel 4 worksheet.

If your measurements are correct Jeff, I get 6.8% OD for the 5% pulley. What gives? Shouldn't the 5% pulley be 2.986? It also means that a 5% pulley on a 95 blower is more like 11.6% OD. Unless of course I am calculating this wrong.....

Save the document as a worksheet somewhere on your computer. The just attach it, making sure it's smaller than 102400 bytes in size. If not, try zipping it up.

Those working with what he sent so far, save it as .TXT to your computer, then use excel and open it as TEXT and DELIMITED. It's tab Delimited. That will make sure the columns work out.

I forgot to mention that I never measured the 5% pulley, and I can't figure out where I got that measurment. Did you come up with the correct % OD for the 10%? The crank pulley was givin to me by someone else as well, but I think I was givin cir. and figured Dia. I only have a Mic set to 6.00" so it was a little big for me to measure.

Jeff

I have tried to insert the excel spreadsheet but it is being rejected. Sorry will email to anyone who wants it.

Mike Tuck

I am going to try to atttach the excel file as a zip file

Mike Tuck

Attachments

• pully calculations (version 1).zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 163
Back